1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll reversal:Philly on a 7 game winning streak.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mordo, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Did Philly get the better end of the deal by getting rid of AI? Steve Kerr thinks so.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...YF?slug=sk-rankings031207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

#1 Mordo, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The other AI is better on Philly with out AI

3. yobod

yobod Member

As much as I hate to say it, it looks like Kerr's rankings are actually pretty accurate for pretty much all 30 teams. I might have put the Lakers a little bit lower than 11, but given the teams behind them, it's still fair to say they're in the top 15. As for the Rockets, I'm hoping that we can move back into the top 5....starting with a win tonight.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

good for philly, im not a fan of the sixers, but its gonna be exciting to see what they can do this year and next.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Congrats to the Sixers. Congrats to Mo Cheeks. Trading AI was a great move, even if they could have gotten more in return. I wish them well.

Their first offseason move should be to fire Billy King.

6. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

My first reaction: "Yeah. Six wins. But who did they play?"

Well, the results are surprising, actually:

Beat Sacrament (not too impressive)
    Beat Phoenix (what?!!?)
    Beat Memphis (not impressive - especially since it went to OT)
    Beat New Jersey (eh... not bad)
    Beat Seattle (Western team... not bad at all)
    Beat Lakers (With Kobe?!? Very nice!)
    Beat Indiana (not too impressive)

Bottom line: Some of the wins are very surprising (Lakers, Suns). Other wins for them aren't very impressive. Then again, they used to lose to those teams, so... Overall it seems that, yes, they have improved dramatically.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

AI is a cancer

anywhere...

8. Omer

Omer Member

Actually sucks for them, ruining chances of Greg Oden or Kevin Durant which is probably what they were trying to do.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I think it's amazing that they beat anybody. Have you seen their roster -> bunch of garbage on that squad.

10. highfly

highfly Member

Philly's doing great they have a young and promising roster, once they traded AI they started to play as a team... Iguodala and Andre Miller are playing so well together...

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Andre Miller is one of the most underrated players in the league. The Nugs miss his court vision.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Getting rid of Webber is just as big a deal for Philly - really aired out the locker room.

Carmelo needs to adjust his game and quit whining about his drop in touches. They could be something if he focused on moving without the ball and crashing the offensive boards. He's got to figure out that he's becoming the new Glenn Robinson instead of something special. Up until his suspension, CA averaged 50% shooting. In his 23 games since returning, he's hit half his shots or better only 4 times.

Evan

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i like butter on my roles.

14. underoverup

underoverup Member

i can't stand bill simmons but this is classic 'ewing theory' in action :eek:

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Andre Iguodala is one of the more underrated players in the NBA. He is turning into a star. Check out his numbers as of late. Iguodala is turning into another Joe Johnson type player; someone that can score and be a tall PG.

Iguodala and Andre Miller have done a good job of passing the ball and getting everyone involved.

if the 76ers get a top pick in the lottery they are right back into the playoffs.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like miller, but on the contrary the guy is one of the most overrated players. like when he led the league in assists on one of the worst teams in cleveland. he's an average point guard who will put up big numbers on bad teams.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I guess we know now why Kerr couldn't get a job writing for a real sports web site...

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get it. Unlike scoring, having high assist number on a bad team should be more impressive than doing it on a good team. No? Assist number should indicate you are good at making your teammates better. It is harder to make bad teammates better than good ones.

Anyways, I agree with underoverup that AI is "ewing theory" in action.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

alot like the anti steve argument, he always had the ball in his hands to get assists. I'm not saying he isn't a good passer, but wouldn't the ultimate indicator of making your teamates better be wins, instead of assists numbers?

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Heh...so is "Roll Reversal" some kind of clever play on words that I didn't catch, or did they forget how to spell "role?"