1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodrick Rhodes Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Botboy, May 30, 2002.

1. Botboy

Botboy Member

With all the excitement about the NBA draft around this time, whatever happened to Rodrick Rhodes? I was going through the archives and read the Clutchcity recap of the Rocket's pick of Rhodes and it was hilarious. It actually turned out to be a pretty good pick though since no one after him even really played for their team. At least Rhodes had a decent rookie season with the Rockets. I really liked him and still remember that classic rip off of Jordan he had in the nationally televised game I think it was on Christmas.

We need Rhodes back as our starting sf ! :rolleyes:

- BOTboy

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I personally think we didn't give him time to develop.
    Extremely talented on the defensive end.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Rhodes can't even make it in the Philippine Basketball Association

Well, if recent tuneup matches are to be used as gauge, it seems that FedEx got the prototype imports best in breaking up the zone defense. Rodrick Rhodes, who played in the National Basketball Association rookie all-star game, is a slasher-shooter who loves moving around the court. Key word here: Movement His partner, Jermaine Walker is also of the same mold. Very exciting, very flashy and, if his stature in the USBL is to be believed, very effective. After the first week though, Walker proved to be the better reinforcement and management decided to ship the ineffective Rhodes back home.

http://www.pba.com.ph/the_league.htm

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We traded him for a pick that landed us Mirsad Turkan...

I remember that Jordan steal. That was probably the only thing he did. :D

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His poor attitude hurt him a lot,and he couldn't develop into a useful player.

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

which landed us TMo

7. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

No actually we traded Rodrick Rhodes to Vancouver for Sam Mack, I believe it was.

8. Curly

Curly Member

Your right, all I can remember is that game against the Bulls where he was in Jordan's jock all game long. Best D I've ever seen on MJ.

9. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

1! 2! 3! Work is Hard!

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Most people don't, but I liked Rhodes.

One of the few Rockets that season that actually attempted to take it to the hole, and played solid perimeter defence.

11. Greg M

Greg M Member

Chris Jeffries >> Rhodes

12. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys must be crazy. Jordan lit us up for 40 plus that game, shooting over 50% for the field. Roddrick Rhodes potential was the product of good ole fashion homerism and nothing more.

13. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

When Rhodes was on Jordan though, MJ didn't score NEARLY as much as when RR was out of the game.

As I recall, we really liked Rodrick Rhodes' potential, but he let the fact that we liked him go to his head, and he spent the summer doing nothing. We were all hoping that he'd been working on his shot, but that didn't happen. Rather, Rodrick came into camp full of himself, and Rudy wouldn't take any more of his attitude, so he was shipped off.

14. Botboy

Botboy Member

That's pretty funny about the Phillipine League. Yea, I was always rooting for Rhodes because I thought he could become a solid player if he only improved his shot. I'm not sure but I think that game against Jordan was his career high in points too like around 17 points. Don't remember exactly.

Is it just me or were his eyes always bloodshot red?

- BOTboy

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

haha, yeah, me and my friends always used to joke that he was high. i wouldn't have bet against it.

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I miss Wodwick Wodes...

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I thought Wodwick was kinda cool...but yea. he was stoned most of the time IMO.
    I've known alot of stoners over the years, he looked just like they do.

18. Botboy

Botboy Member

That might explain alot. When you play ball high, you can drive and play d all you want but your shots are just way off.

- BOTboy