1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rod Strickland, Bad Luck?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JohnnyBlaze, Dec 17, 2001.

1. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

I think he is very talented however. He gets traded from DC to a pretty good Portland team and all of a sudden they go on a major loosing streak. He gets traded from Portland to Miami and they go on a major losing streak. I mean Miami is not as bad as there record even without Alonzo.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I don't think that he's bad luck. The Blazers fell apart cause their team chemistry stunk and they all were selfish and the Heat's failure to win this season isn't his fault, they just stink.

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

Strickland is a washed-up PG who doesn't have the drive to improve his shape or his game to the point where he could even play near his level of the past. He's old, overpaid, and a cancer to a team. But, for Miami, he's the best they have.

Miami isn't as good as a team as they look on paper. Five years ago, they'd run away with nearly every game based on the talent then. However, Eddie Jones hasn't been the same since he left Charlotte, Mourning hasn't been the same since his kidney went bad, B. Grant has had struggles this year, Strickland I've already documented, LaPhonso Ellis has seen his best days go long by the wayside - just like Jim Jackson and Chris Gatling, and Anthony Carter is nothing more than a decent backup.

The Heat lack in depth, skill, and health - they had a game not too long ago where they started Sean Marks and Vladimir Stepania up front due to injury, and no team is going to win with those two starting. It's time for them to rebuild - and I doubt it will come on Pat Riley's watch. They'll improve if they get healthy, but they are by no means a playoff team.