1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockies @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I believe the 'Stros have faced Wright A LOT because of his days in Milwaukee.

Sure, you can't take any pitcher for granted... but at least we've seen him, and had success against him, before.

Plus... you're going to be facing much tougher pitchers in the playoffs anyways... no need to start getting scared now.

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

So no matter what now there will be at least a one game play off?

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Yes

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nothing scares me anymore (about this season). I called it, didn't I? Of course I didn't call it. A week ago I would not have believed it.

Dusty for Mgr of the Year! :)

5. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

How is that? I thought with us winning and SF losing, we are now 1 game ahead of them.

They'd have to win tomorrow's game and us lose for a 1 game playoff. if both teams lose, we're in.

I don't get it.

6. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

Yeah that's right..... "IF" we both lose tommorow, then we are in the playoffs.

Tommorow, if we lose and SF wins...... then we're tied and thus play a one game playoff on monday.

And.... if we win tommorow , then we don't even have to worry about what the hell the giants do :)

7. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

that's what i thought.

sweet!

8. synergy

synergy Member

aint it cool

9. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

hey guys

i went to the game tonight and its by far the best game i've ever been to in my life. The electricity in the ballpark was crazy. I was sitting perfectly angled to the scoreboard when they started changing the board. When the scorekeeper took out the 3 everyone already knew what was coming...but when it actually happened, it felt like the crowd actually willed the dodgers to win the game.

the game itself was awesome! biggio hitting 2 homers...chanting "biggio biggio !!!" and watching kent hit 2 homers and being the all-time hr leader as a 2nd bagger was also memorable. The whole night was great!!!

here's to clinching tomorrow !!! man i wish i could go to tomorrow's game as well. :D

10. red

red Contributing Member

this just made my day...

i believe...

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If the Astros wanna win this thing they are going to have to take it tomorrow!!

If the Giants are the Wild Card, the Dodgers get to play the Braves, otherwise they have the Cardinals so I don't think we can expect ANY help from them.

Let's go Roger ... This is YOUR game baby!

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday's Probables:

Jamey Wright, RHP (2-2, 3.98) vs. Roger Clemens, RHP (18-4, 2.98)

13. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

We have to rely on the Dodger-Giant rivalry. Hopefully the Dodgers want the Giants to go home badly enough.

Also, I'm not sure the Cardinals are the scariest team out there since Carpenter is out for the first round (if not more).

Of course, the Astros are going to win, so I just got a free post. :D

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I ma ybe alone on this, but I think I would have rather had the 'stro's stay on rotation and start Backe today. I know, biggest game of the season (actually, yesterday was IMO) and you have to get in the playoffs... but I think Backe would have risen to the occasion, plus a pretty rested bullpen thanks to Oswalt and the hitters. Plus, the tought of Roger starting off the playoffs against the Braves would have been cool... now we have to string one or two of the Munro plus a relief cast of thousand type of games together against the Braves ...

15. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind starting Backe today, but the Astros can still have Oswalt in game 2, Clemens in game 3, and Oswalt again in game 5 of the Braves series.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I see what you're saying. But I think first priority has to be getting there. They have to avoid looking ahead to the playoffs, and just concentrate on what gives them the best opportunity to win this game and get there. Is Roger on 3 days rest better than Backe? I would assume so, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

17. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

man!

I want this game to start :)

excited as hell for a possible clinch.

18. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

mlb.com says that Backe's going to start as Roger has stomach flu...

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

Are you serious?

EDIT: I guess so. MLB has it as their lead story.

20. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Deadly serious, it says so on the flash thing on the front page.