1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RocketsCast -Live: Blasting Off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Sep 17, 2012.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Join Craig Ackerman and Jason Friedman right here on Tuesday at 11 AM (CST) for the debut of Rocketscast Live

2. nbafever

nbafever Member

Great! It really does feel like a new beginning for our team.

Do you have the link for this?

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

My interest for the NBA has gone down the tubes ever since the howard trade went down. What is the point of keeping up with this team when you have teams like the lakers, heat and thunder out there?

I'll probably listen to this to see if my enthusiasm increases......

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

So much young talent and you want to do what? Follow the lakers...
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M5QGkOGZubQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. rawool

rawool Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Introducing, from the Unversity of Fubar...number 99.....Cap Flexibility!!!!!!!

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

What did everyone take from this? The point I was most interested in is that Ppat will probably slide from 4 to 5 when Omer needs a rest, and that he's looking more smooth/less mechanical in the post.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

I was surprised that Machado will be spending time in the D-League according to them. I was hoping he would get some serious playing time behind Lin.

9. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think he will eventually. The increase in level of play is more significant for him then the other guys coming from Iona. Since the PG is the floor leader, it may be best to send him down and work on his 3pt shot, defense, and other skills.

Here's what Lin supposedly said regarding Dleague during his Linsanity run last season (taken from dleague article): "I wouldn’t be anywhere if not for the NBA D-League."

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. Well Lin is kind of odd like that. Not everyone has his mentality. I would have preferred Machado over Douglas starting. i haven't heard anything particularly complimentary about Douglas in terms of running an offense. We shall see. Hopefully Machado impresses.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

They did a pretty good job of talking Rockets considering it's still the offseason and there's no breaking news. Without a training camp or player interviews to discuss the show is a bit premature.

We want updates, not speculation about starting lineups and the assets we have next year. We already talk about those things here. When they talk about PPat beating everyone else in practice, we can't get that here. The show will be more interesting once they can fully utilize their insider knowledge. Honestly, they could say "We watched Parsons and Asik practice free throws for an hour. News at eleven!" and I'd probably tune in. Talk about cap flexibility again and I'll zone out.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Same ole nonsense about cap flexibility and draft picks. Nothing new here....complete waste of 30 minutes.

We have been hearing the same ole story for the past 4 years and so far we have accumulated nothin but mid first round picks and in the process losing our best players. So much for cap flexibility.......

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

If these things makes your mood go up and down, gonna be a rocky season for ya, and expensive with the alcohol tab

Switch to football now, come back to bball around the trade deadline

14. mirus

mirus Member

Machado needs some seasoning.i hope he gets to the back up role eventually .i know, douglas :) .and d league is not bad,what i've read about lin is that he actually learnt some skills in dleague(should be beck's article).hopefully machado can improve something too.i guess white will handle the ball in 2nd units,no?

nothing else interesting other than this?any recaps?:grin:

15. mirus

mirus Member

^^ No need .found the link :)

16. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

FYI, another Rocketscast expected same time next Tuesday. (from J.Friedman's tw)