1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Would Like Luis Scola Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 28, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Loved Scola when he was in his prime (contrary to what the guy that always reps me and makes a comment about how I hated Scola thinks) but when he was on his way out, he was not that good. He's way past his prime now, that much is clear.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We should sign Brad Miller and David Andersen for some more size in our front court.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

My Life, starring Michael Keaton

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yeah, let's trade our backup point guard so that we can get a third string PF. DMo doesn't get enough playing time as it is; and with Scola demanding minutes...

Personally, come playoff time, I'd rather have DMo on LMA or Duncan or Dirk than Scola. DMo will only improve going forward; Scola will only get older and slower.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The only pluses Scola would bring at this point in his career are his mid-range shot, his ability to coach and inspire the younger players, and his presence in the locker room. Let's face it, the guy is positive vibes all over the place and gets respect.

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Yo I heard on TMZ that we can't trade for scola until 2015 because he look ok

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Scola would be a veteran leader in the locker room. He was the captain of this team once and the current squad needs leaders. He would Also add a different offensive dimension with his interior game. He would be good for the locker plus as a 9th man

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The one Argentinian I'd like back the most right now is actually Delfino if his foot recovers. He is a little younger than Scola and this team really never found someone to play his role of utilities guy off the bench playing SG, SF and even PF.

9. Raven

Raven Member

He'll be 35 next season, and his numbers have declined three straight years.

10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Bromance would turn into a love triangle if that happened.

Parsons would have to make a choice.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Scola is the third star this team needs.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Am I missing something? Nobody is implying this. Not all of us have to think like the business savvy front-office managers. There's nothing wrong with fans of a team wanting to get back a former veteran fan-favorite hustle player even if it doesn't make the most financial sense.

^ That clip was two players. Crazy dude. Scola is probably better than any power forwards currently on our roster, and would definitely strengthen our bench. I don't get all the Scola-hostility in this thread.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

First page of this thread was awesome.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why would they buy him out when he has trade value?

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Was happy when we amnestied scola. Do not want.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#for the right price

Scola and Chuck Hayes

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

All this heat for Scola shows how little everyone knows about what the team needs.

Sure he is older and not as good, but we need veteran leadership and he is a guy who always plays hard.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is about having winning veterans on one of the youngest teams lol

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yeah, this.

Nobody should be seriously considering this at all.

It is not possible under the CBA unless the Pacers waive him and he clears waivers, as long as his current contract is in effect he can not return to the Rockets.

I only chimed in about theoretical team fit, that did NOT mean I actually think he comes here or they even pursue him.

20. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member