1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets working to sign Isaiah Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 18, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Especially since he's left-handed, too.

DD

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would like to retain Deng and Clark too.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

DeAnthony Melton, Trevon Duval, Isaiah Hartenstein need to be signed
    Deng Adel is very intriguing, Danuel House, R.J Hunter have a scoring mentality, Vince Edwards needs to get in better shape.

Markel Brown, Chinanu I don't want on the roster

#43 rockets1995, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    BigShasta likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because unlike dmo, he's only half white :D

heypartner likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why is Johnathan Feigen creating a rumor of Zhou Qi getting traded. There is no way Daryl is trading Zhou. Isaiah Hartenstein Rockets draft rights will be gone if he is not signed.

6. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Who the f*** is this scrub!? Rockets need to make some moves!

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I am wondering this too. With respect to Hartenstein, Bima said something about a two-year deal maybe?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clark is already on the roster with a 1 yr guarantee. Deng is more talented than Edwards offensively. Both of them have to improve defensively, especially Deng. Deng should be on a 2 way contract, along with Duval.

#48 saleem, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The legendary tale of Joe..... will survive a thousand years.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wait, where did Feigen say this? I missed it.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If his nickname isn't iHart, it should be.

ribbit and Madmanmetz like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Weird that he only got 18.7 minutes per game with the Vipers when he shot 57 percent.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

There's no way in hell Tarik Black ends up on this roster again unless he's brought in as a Nene replacement. And Nene needs to go, I mean the guy can't play more than 15 minutes twice a week and his effectiveness is waning at that. But for me, to say that Black is so far ahead of Hartenstein or Zhou or even Onuaku....that Black outclasses them to the point that he gets all the backup minutes? I'd have a hard time believing that. Frankly, unless you can put that into numbers for me to see and understand (and believe) I don't see Nene or Black as anything more than a placeholder or a bar to jump and we've got enough cap problems to deal with already.

True Rocket likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Nickname proposal: Castle Wolfenstein

GOOD DAY

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im about it

D-rock likes this.
  16. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

like it, but too long

17. mightybosstone

I think Melton and Hartenstein need to be signed and have long-term potential, but this is going a little overboard. Let's not overreact to a few Summer League games and start asking for G-Leaguers to take roster spots that could be given to proven veterans.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you don't know who Isaiah Hartenstein is I have no idea why you're even on this board.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I feel like with bigs, be it summer league or g league or whatever, its not a thing where you always can look at stats or even eye test and determine how competent they might be in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong, we know with 99.9% certainty this guy is never going to be an all star.

But for role player types, sometimes they just play like a role player regardless of what level they're at. This guy might be playing pick up ball and still have the same role player kind of feel.

He only just turned 20, right? He's almost exactly 4 years younger than Clint. So basically this UPCOMING season would be the same age season as Clint's rookie year.... where Clint was in the d league most of that year, played 12 regular season games, but to his credit was much more useful in the playoffs that year in terms of spot minutes over 17 games.

Happy to have Isaiah on the active roster, but need to continue to see regular and obvious improvements every month. If he was more productive at the same age season as Clint, I wouldn't be surprised. But it's hard to see him having Clint's ceiling just because of ultimate defensive liabilities.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can split the MLE.

So, do it the same way we used the MLE last year to sign Zhou to 4yrs and PJ Tucker. You just have to fit the minimum salary of $838k into the MLE for Melton, allowing you to sign a 3+yrs contract to avoid Arenas Rule poison pills, later. Then use the bulk of the MLE on another free agent.

Not sure if we will do that with Hartenstein. We can use minimum exceptions on him, but for 2yrs max, taking the risk he won't be poison pilled.