1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets won't be pursuing Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good, some girl just dun work out, you can still admire her from afar.

Boy, thanks for that. No Toyota Tundras lining up and no Ipads given out.

#41 daywalker02, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    hvic likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

It would be Hank Gather's all over again.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly. I don't want to watch someone die, especially in a Rockets uniform.

Smart move Morey and Co.

amaru likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

You owe us a 1st gen iPad.

I want that thing wiped too and I want it hung in the rafters after our chip.

smp, kwakmeister and BigShasta like this.
  5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

he still looks sickly in that video too.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wtf! You do realize Anderson is one of the worst contracts in the league right? If we had Melo he would be expiring this summer.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If we had Melo, we probably wouldn't be sitting at #1.

Ryan isn't a cancer. Melo is.

Do you really think Melo would come off the bench?

kwakmeister likes this.
  9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I really like Bosh and wish him the best, but I think with the serious health issues he has its better he doesn't risk playing. The guy was criminally underrated on those Heat and Raptors teams. If the dude was healthy he would still be a top 5 PF in the league today.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really appreciate @Clutch getting the info on Bosh and the Rockets.

Clutch and D-rock like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is Melo a cancer? He is not the problem in OKC, it is Westbrick.

Secondly, Ryno may not be a cancer but he is still a scrub. Ryno at his best is still worse than Melo at his best, and "normal" Melo is way better than normal Anderson, if they switch place Melo's FG will go up because he has Harden and Paul creating for him instead of Westbrick hogging all the shots and stat padding

Third, what does Anderson have to do with the first seed? Anderson is just scoring 10 ppg and being horrible at rebounding and defense, his production thus far is totally replaceable, in fact if Luc Mbah Moute and Green had been signed since day 1 and we gave them Anderson's minutes the Rox would have a better record.

Fourth who cares about the 1st seed? Having the first seed is nice and all but in the playoffs it doesn't matter all that much. in the playoff Melo has a history of playing decent but Anderson has a history of being a total scrub, he is a career 7 pts in the playoffs and last year he shot 28% from the 3 and was the biggest reason the Rox lost to the Spurs. In the playoffs I would rather have Melo on the team instead of Anderson even if the Rox had a lower seed in exchange. Anderson is useless against GSW and always gets dominated by Draymond Green (check out his stats every time he plays against Anderson). OTH Melo holds his own against Green and he was instrumental that one time OKC beat GSW.

Fifth, Melo's deal expires at the end of the year. If he sucks no harm done, just release him and pay somebody else. Anderson oth is just on the 2nd year of a 4 year contract. This is why Morey wasn't able to get rid of him at the deadline, nobody wants to pay 20M this year, 21M next year and 22M the year after for Anderson.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Melo has always been a problem child regardless of what team he is on. Westbrook being worse does not change the fact Melo causes more issues.

#1 seed means we are playing well. The point is we would not be playing as well with Melo.

I would rather have a 20M albatross of a contract and be able to bench that player than have someone who disrupts team chemistry.

Do you really think Melo would sit on the bench quietly if he was told to?

kwakmeister likes this.
  13. Jimmy Chitwood

If Bosh is actually healthy, then why are so many of you happy about this?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why would he even need to sit on the bench? I don't understand why you think Melo will have to sit on the bench he is still a starter caliber player which is more than what I can say about Anderson. I can see Melo being a cancer if he was benched but the good news is he won't have to come off the bench he can start at PF. You think Tucker who is starting now is a lot better than Melo?

#1 seed means the Rox are playing well but Anderson has not been a major contributor to that. He is averaging only 10 pts a game and only 38% from 3, which is why he now benched because the Rox are better off starting either Tucker or Luc.

And again what about the playoffs and what about next year? I would rather have a cancer that leaves after this season than an albatross contract for 3 years. You are so short sighted not even focusing on the playoffs but just the regular season. Whats the point of being a regular season king? GsW broke the regular season record who gives a F about that since they lost in the playoffs to the Cavs.

#54 roslolian, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  15. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

There's no guarantee Melo will be gone next year. He has a player option that would pay him almost 28 mil. I think he will exercise it with OKC, and would've had he ended up with us or another team. He's not getting another contract that size again, and Melo's love of max money is well-documented.

The results of his move to OKC have been mixed. He's averaging 17 pts., 6 boards, 41 fg% and 35% from 3. But the team has lacked cohesion and his defense is not pretty, even if he has been making more of an effort on that front this year. I certainly don't think he's worth the money they're paying him. And even on a expiring contract next year, I think it might be tough to trade him because of the salary he will command. That would be an albatross.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think we are dubious that he will be cleared by all the doctors to play again. And we are probably happy the board doesnt have to wonder or speculate on a potential signing if it isn't going to happen.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

And none of us would've blamed him. Bosh and Parsons would have been the darkest timeline. Funny how everybody was crying that summer over the lost opportunity and now here we are as the best team in the league.

18. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Yup, Morey took a beating for letting Chandsome go. The press, clutchfans, villages in North Korea, it was brutal.

D-rock likes this.
  19. mockster

mockster Member

Maybe next year?.

Maybe he’s signs with Toronto has a good rest of the season healthy and we can snag him next year if all looks good.

My thing is I know it’s dangerous but if he’s healthy and the only concern is that “it might” happen again then I think it’s a load of bs to keep a healthy individual out of a sport he loves and wants to continue to build his legacy

I don’t know a lot about blood clots though and obviously don’t want him to die

D-rock likes this.
  20. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I like this take. We don't know what things would be like with Melo, we can't know, but what we do know is we are #1 without him. Anderson is obviously not a ball stopper and in some cases that's a bad thing, but with us having a bunch of shooters everywhere, him passing on certain looks isn't necessarily the worst that that could happen.I won't defend the contract, im barely defending Anderson here, but I will say that I trust Morey more than forum gms, whether thats here or RealmGM or Reddit, or even facebook.

D-rock likes this.