1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS...WINNING 55 GAMES???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Bigdee2898

Bigdee2898 Member

my top five is
    Shaq
    Duncan
    kobe
    Iverson
    Garnett.

webber and spree right up there too.

------------------
    Eddie for three...yesssssssssssss..holy mother

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My top 5:

1. Duncan
    2. Shaq
    3. Webber
    4. Garnett
    5. Carter

Francis will be up there very soon though. [​IMG]

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi?

Draftsource.net

3. today

today Contributing Member

HouMedMan25 = Popeye/oeilpere???

Oeilpere hasn't posted in about a month, and this guy posts very similarly, but I wouldn't consider Popeye a "virtual virgin"(as houmedman25 described himself) seeing as Popeye has been posting for some time now and has a laptop and seems to be computer savvy, so maybe I am off here. But, if this guy knows his stuff, here is who I believe he is talking about:

I feel that houmedman25 is talking about Jermaine O'Neal and here is why:

1. We are probably all in agreement that the player that we will trade for is probably a PF. That is the position where we would be "bringing in another piece to the unfinished puzzle"

2. He also says about this deal that: "The fat lady has not sung, but the fat man in Chicago has." That means, this trade is not over for the Rockets, but it is over for Jerry Krause in Chicago. Who has Krause been trying to trade for? Yes. Jermaine O'Neal.

3. His signature file: "And tonight...From the Bank United Center...Your Houston Rockets and Miami Heat in Game 1 of the 2004 NBA Finals!!!!!" This tells me that he thinks that we will get a middle-aged superstar or a younger talented PF with a really good upside that would, in houmedman25's mind, give us a realistic shot at being in the Finals in 4 years. Jermaine O'Neal fits that bill. It also says that he thinks the Rockets will stay in Houston. Yipeeeee!!!!!!

4. houmedman25 also states: "Everyone will not be happy with what will be coming down in the next few weeks, but most will be pleased, IMHO. Of course, there are always those who will look for anything to criticize our team." If this were a big Superstar PF deal(Wallace), I think that most all people would be happy. But, if we have to give up Shandon Anderson plus some other guys/picks to get Jermaine O'Neal, I am sure that some guys in here would be upset because O'Neal really hasn't proven himself yet.

5. "Les and the front office will deliver this year(doesn't necessarily mean an instant trip to finals....but who expects that honestly anyway?) Will be a BIG bonus if it were to happen though." He actually entertains this thought of the Finals next year, which I would not consider if we were to be dealing for O'Neal, but his previous statement about us not getting an instant trip to the finals would fall in line with the possibility of the PF in the trade being O'Neal.

6. O'Neal has stated publically that he doesn't want to play C, he wants to play PF. That would fit in perfectly for us. With Cato playing C and O'Neal at PF, we would have a decent interior defense, seeing as they are both capable shot blockers.

7. "Les has always consistently been a let's win now kind of guy" O'Neil could be a player that helps us win now, but I would think that this statement would point more towards a Superstar PF and not O'Neal.

8. houmedman25 says that we will not likely get Wallace, "but what we will get will be better for the Rockets team itself." This really points toward a young player that could be an integral piece for years to come, not a player who is better than Wallace.

That's about all I have to point out, but those things really intrigued me into thinking that Jermaine O'Neal could be the guy that we are going after.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

[This message has been edited by today (edited August 02, 2000).]

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Or Smeg could be right. I'm not sure how else Les fits into the scenario, or why a medical person is privy to the info.

------------------
    In related news, the RNC has gathered every politician that Bill Clinton ever defeated to speak on behalf of George W. Bush.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fat man in Chicago?

Oh please let it be Marcus Fizer...please..god..oh please...I promise to be good for the rest of the year...oh please...FIZER...FIZER !!!

DaDakota

------------------

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fizer would fit all the clues....though, I'd prefer Kevin Garnett [​IMG]

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

7. Kid Rock-et

Kid Rock-et Member

Iverson doesn't fit, but maybe. some fans wouldnt be happy with that.

------------------

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The distinguished insider that posted early about Cat's renewal works in a medical related field and investigates/tesifies etc in that field for an insurance company or HMO or some organization.
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/005740.html

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult
    The Serious Police are watching
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited August 02, 2000).]

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I get it......It's a riddle. I'll report back tomorrow w/ my answer. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

10. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Even if this was true Shandon would never be in the deal. I could see it with the other players but not Shandon he is an untouchable.

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

11. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

ummmm how about no

------------------

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat but I doubt the Blazers would.

I think if the Blazers are going to trade Wallace, Cato would have to be in the deal since that seems to be their weakest position.

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

13. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

remember folks this IS the internet...stranger things have happened but a rather bold statement...i will hope super that you are right but i dont think i will lose sleep over this one..

hey i saw elvis at a phillips66 the other day..i swear...or maybe it was his nephew..

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

14. today

today Contributing Member

DaDakota -

I would agree, Fizer seems match up with all the clues just as well as O'Neal. I would rather have Fizer than O'Neal. I had not considered that maybe the "fat man" reference referred to the Fizer end of the trade instead of the O'Neal end.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

15. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Guys, Langhi can't be traded until Dec.5 because he signed a contract right? So that means that if Fizer signs a contract with the Bulls, all the talk of him getting traded can't happen correct? I just want to get the rule straight. By the way did Steve sign a contract with the Grizzlies before being traded here last year?

------------------
    Kobe would be nothing without Shaq.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

17. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

My top 5 players:
    1.Shaq
    2.Duncan
    3.Garnett
    4.Gary Payton
    5.between Grant Hill, Kobe, and Jason Kidd
    Old Man Rock,
    Wallace ahead of Garnett, Payton, Hill, and Kidd?

------------------

18. MManal

MManal Member

LilStevie,

No Francis had not signed a contract yet when he was traded to the Rockets and to my knowledge, Fizer has not signed with the Bulls yet either.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

19. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Did he ask you for a jelly donut? [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

20. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Thanks MManal, just wanted to clear that up because some people said that Rookies aren't included in that Dec. 15 trade rule, so I was just tossing out a couple of trades to make sure that rookies are included.

------------------