1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Window

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Feb 7, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The 4 year deal for CP3 was to get 2.5 years (last & this) of championship level play out of him to beat the Warriors once.

We were about 30 ******* minutes/a Scott Foster intervention/badly timed cold streak short of that goal last season.

BigShasta, justtxyank and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I am curious how the next round of free agency is going to be different? The cap is spoken for right?

Gerald Green, Faried, Rivers all gonna keep taking 1 year vet min contracts? Doubtful. House signing low ball offers already out the window. We can churn veterans and rookies and it isn’t going to make a big difference anyway, lest a lottery ticket emerges and counting on incredible luck is no sort of plan. Nene’s contract is the last albatross to get rid of but it’s really only because he can’t play anymore. And what if we decide we can’t part with shumpert?

They’ve got too much invested in the top 5 players. Your big 3 is super locked in. PJ and Gordon is where I feel they can make a move, but we can’t pretend like they are untouchable anymore. If it means giving them up to contenders and rivals to pry away younger, cheaper ascending talent then that’s what it means. They have to shed those salaries to make competitive offers again.

Little Bit likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rusted shut like the NRG Reliant Stadium roof. ;)

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hard to fathom the sheer volume of koolaid drinkers here foolly convinced that our one-star team has any chance of competing with the big boys in either conference. then again these are largely the same posters who also thought we had the greatest roster ever assembled during preseason & training camp lol

J.R. likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I knew it sitting in my seat at TC in game 7. That was THE window. THE team to do it and they couldn't. Everything from there would be incredibly harder and now we have to hope. We had the talent last year and now all we have is hope and wishing the Warriors fail.

No one here can be mad we paid CP3. He even left a year on the table! If we renege on a promise to the NBPA head after he CARRIED the team to a 3-2 lead over Golden State this team would never see another star until Tilman sold.

Thems the brakes fellas.

BaselineFade and SamFisher like this.
  6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Don’t worry guys... morey and the till have punted until next season. They hoping gsw start the break up leaving them weaker. That’s when harden comes in and takes us to the promise land...

7. smp

smp Member

KD closed the window. The refs last year held it shut. Cousins locked it, just for good measure.

Maybe Harden can throw a brick through it. He's really the only hope we have. He has to go Kobe in the playoffs.

Htown Legend likes this.
  8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Every year that we still have Harden is our window.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You got any better ideas?

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, improving in the offseason will be difficult. We'll have the taxpayer MLE to use to try to ADD talent OR keep someone we have now. The contracts of Gordon and Tucker and Nene can be traded for someone meaningful perhaps but then you have to replace THOSE players.

Morey is great GM and makes things happen so maybe he sees a path to get better that we don't. I worry that we just won't have the assets to add anything meaningful.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the window is all but closed unless a 3rd star is acquired which is unlikely

good luck beating GS this year without HCA and a bottom 10 defense...CP3 is declining and will only be getting worse from here

last year was our shot, and it kills me...Rockets were so close

I feel bad for Harden, we are wasting away his prime

How long are we gonna have Harden carrying a bunch of role players and scrubs? If we don’t win a ring with Harden then it will be an absolute travesty. Who knows when we’ll ever get another player on this level. It could easily be decades.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah, Shumpert will be to be determined.

To be honest I wouldn’t offer Rivers any more than the minimum. His shot is awful. He definitely played great when he first got here and possibly saved us, but that doesn’t mean we should make him the priority. I would love him for the minimum, but let him go if he wants more.

Faried I think has been pretty important considering Nene is done for. I’ve always said we needed an old school PF (I know that means a small ball center now)

I guess we’ll have to wait for the playoffs for all these guys.

14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

That’s why I said that...

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

TL;DR

If we are being honest with ourselves, our window has the best chance in the next year or two; hoping that that boy band in drag queen city disassembles cause of greed and everybody wanting a max. Lets hope.

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Tillman be like...

[​IMG]

s3ts, snowconeman22 and J.R. like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely.

Another way to build up assets would be to sign House to a 3 year deal .

A young guy playing well on a cheap contract is great value in the NBA and can be thrown in to any trade as a kicker .

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

19. Fantasma Negro

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That’s kinda the point though...Tucker, Gordon and nene is like 35million. Instead of having 3 super role players how many chances could you take with that money? Because none of those guys puts us over the top.

I think green will ride or die. Rivers and Faried are probably looking to get paid. Maybe you can keep shumpert or convince house with MLE? There will be more buyouts in the coming years...but that’s the churn. There’s no reason to believe morey cant fill out a roster. I just hope he’s ready to deal Gordon and Tucker if an opportunity presents itself.