1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will waive Marcus Camby

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Oct 27, 2013.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Canaan looks awful. Odds are on Williams being the next cut though.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

For what Camby does (jump a little to get blocks, rebounds) add an extra two weeks.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

smith is a pf not a center, hope management didnt screw this one up

4. REEKO_HTOWN

Smith is as good a PF as much Howard is.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Sucks but not too bad.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Smith is the kind of player that the longer they stay around in a certain system, the more valuable to that system they become. The additions of Harden and Howard will make him that much better.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Tell me when Smith will play during the regular season if Asik is still here? Garbage time?

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I wonder where we rank now in terms of age with this cut

9. keldraco

keldraco Member

this guy need to quit NBA...he just steal money sitting on the bench wearing suit

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Waiving Camby makes at lot of sense. I think getting a 2nd rounder for impending free agent and developmental big, Greg Smith, makes a lot of sense too ...which is why I'm expecting him to be a 76er shortly.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love this idea. Amundson makes so much more sense than Smith, especially when paired with D-Mo (as 3rd center).

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Knew it was going to happen

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Canaan does look like garbage. Worst player on roster right now.

15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Greg Smith is a very cheap and yet productive insurance for the 5 spot - maybe even an option at times at PF. I really think this team would like to keep him. He brings a lot more value to the table than say Williams. And he has looked a lot better in preseason than Covington or Canaan. I highly doubt we get rid of him, if we don`t get a real good offer (has to be better than a 2nd rounder).

Williams will be the other cut.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Keep him as insurance for the 5 spot? As our 3rd string center ...who's not actually a center?

For me it comes down to the fact that Greg Smith is a power forward who is still very raw, and while he has improved, he's not gonna see court time at either the 4 or 5 given the upside of the other bigs on the roster. A developmental player who isn't gonna see the court, thus limiting his growth; who is a free agent that we don't have the cap space to resign; and who has value to other teams ...that's a guy you trade for a pick, especially if you'd have to cut a good player to keep him. Why not get value for the asset before he leaves for nothing? Why not do him a favor and let him continue to develop on a team where he can actually get some minutes?

And I have to say ...everyone who assumes Williams will be cut ...why? He's actually looked good in limited playing time, and he might be the only pure 2 guard on the roster other than Harden. The guy is a scorer and I for one have liked what I've seen.

17. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I'm glad everyone knows what kind of player Canaan is after barely seeing him play.

18. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

[​IMG]

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Couldn't buy a shot in every preseason game, even against other scrubs. And offense is what he's known for, so lets not even talk about his liabilities on D. Not that Erkel can't be a good player down the road but Rockets are gearing up for a championship run and even the rooks have to contribute if called upon.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Can't believe this generated 4 pages. Non event.