1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I still have hope that Jones or DMo significantly grow this season. If either or both of them do, they could easily cover the gap in offensive production from Parsons. The situation is not ideal, but I still feel Morey did the best he did with the power move from Cuban. There had to be more reasoning to allowing Parsons to hit RFA and the situation turn out the way it did, but I'm not sure we'll ever know the realities of it.

1 person likes this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Asik is gone one way or another. At least we got a decent if not great first rounder from NO.

Lin with his inconsistent play and ballooned salary is a net negative for us. Many people have said the same even during last season. Besides, we thought we needed the trade to create space for Bosh...

Ariza may slightly worse than Parsons. But at nearly half the price? Give me Ariza over Parsons all day.

And lets not forget, the off season still has plenty of time left. We still have cap space and all the exceptions to further improve our team. I truly believe before season starts our roster will be better than last years.

3. Solaris

Solaris Member

Parsons! You were suppose to be the chosen one! You were suppose to help us win a chip, not to destroy us! I loved you like a brother!

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Completely agree. Covington, Canaan, TJones, DMo, Daniels (if signed), Capela, Johnson and many of the euro-stashes are quite a bit of youth to build on. If any one of those guys break out, we are looking at a completely different scenario. If Greg Smith is finally healthy, what about bringing him in for the backup C minutes?

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well Greg Smith signed for the Mavs didn't he?

There's also the fact that he offer nothing defensively, and we're a team where only the big guy plays defence, so it's kind of important.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I doubt that Parsons is twice as good as Ariza...

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey agrees with you

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

I can't say I didn't see this coming. I like Parsons but not for 15 mill/year.

9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Just read it. Sound like they essentially got them for free. Damn the Cubes.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Remember guys, it takes more than one player to win a title. With that cap space, we can sign more role players and they can all be collectively better than Parsons by himself. The Spurs did that and we know what happened to them this year.

I think people are just freaked out that we keep losing players; offseason isn't over yet

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Of course he isn't. Had Dallas known they could have gotten Ariza for $8 mil and brought in another free agent or two like DJ Augustin for $3, I bet you anything they would have gone that route.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don't blame Houston for not matching the assets contract offer.
    Ariza will fill his shoes fine. We'll still make the playoffs but how deep depends on what other moves Morey will make. Hopefully Atlanta will throw Milsap in our lap but until then
    We role with what we got and let the Beard and DH explode!!
    Go Rockets!!!!

13. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

DJ Augustin for 3 dollars would have been a great deal.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Funny how every Mavs fan approached this whole ordeal thinking there is no down side for them. "Either we get a great player, or we hamstring a division opponent for 3 years!" It's like... dude, no... either you get an OK player on a bad contract, or we get an OK player on a bad contract. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Worse yet, Dallas missed out on several key FAs while that money was tied up. But ask them about it and they think they totally put one over on the Rockets. Idiots.

15. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Not even gonna bother reading any previous posts, just gonna say I hope I'm wrong about Parsons.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Congrats to Parsons and good luck in The Big D. Can't wait to see you play the Rockets next season, it will interesting see what happens in those games. Go Rockets! H-Town!

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I hate to lose him and am not a huge Ariza fan after his first stint here but it is totally foolish to tie up that much money in a player of his caliber. For the next two to three years, we would have no choice but to play with the roster we currently have (plus Parsons minus Ariza) if we kept CP

I would rather wait and see if DM has a move up his sleeve if we have some cap room now. But as it stands tonight, the team is weaker than last season.

18. dianelo

dianelo Member

Rockets still have Howard and Harden, and Ariza is a good player. But other than that, nothing more. They are going to struggle with the Clippers and the Thunder, as always. Welcome to mediocrity!

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

dont forget our All defensive PG and our rising star at PF

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

The offseason hasn't ended yet.