1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't put what happened on Les. This was ALL Morey. The "smartest guy in the room" got blindsided by a guy (Cuban) who was desperate to have something sell to the MFFLs. His chase of the free agent flavor of the moment has severely compromised this team's ability to compete. Instead of trying to be Pat Riley, he should have taken a page from R.C. Buford and targeted less flashy FAs who would fit into his system (assuming that McHale actually has a system). I still believe that they can win with Howard & Harden but they need to be smart about filling in around those two and this offseason they were anything but smart.

One thing is for sure: Cuban and the Mavs will be short stroking this like they won the NBA lotto and in a sense they may have since Cuban and Nelson have demonstrated that they can't draft their way out of a closet WITH a map and a flashlight. The absurdity of this is that Parsons now makes more than Dirk Nowitski - an NBA champion, All-Star and future Hall of Famer. Bet Dirk really feels good about taking $10M less so Cuban could overpay a role player more than him.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is as if the names Dwight Howard and James Harden aren't big enough. I get that the Rockets feel going all in with Parsons doesn't make them a championship contender. But I just hope they focus on players who aren't stars but who have one or two elite skills that can contribute to a championship roster.

3. Crank

Crank Member

What are we talkin about here? Parsons? Chandler parsons? For reals? You would think we were talking about HoF type of player we were letting go.

1 person likes this.
  4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

****N TERRIBLE DECISION!!!!!!!

WTF ARE THEY DOING?!?!?!?!?!?! ITS JUST MONEY?!?!?!?!?!!

FKN CHEAP ASS LES ALEXANDER

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

YEP. ONE CHEAP ASS MOVE AND MOREY HAS JUST RUINED THE CAREERS OF HOWARD AND HARDEN

WHAT THE F**** IS WRONG WITH THESE DIMWITS!!

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

All of you guys whining about us not matching Parsons...all I need to say is this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mejFtEY5faU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It hurts and sucks but we'll survive.

1 person likes this.
  7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Never thought they should match, but must admit, I'm super bummed about this.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Isn't it crazy that the video that once made all of us tremble, is now a source of solace in the way this offseason has panned out?

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, we paid him $5M a year for the last two years then shipped him off when he would hit $15M

where have you been the last couple of weeks?

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This fills the hole they have at SF but their PG and PF spots are thin. Plus their bench does not scare anyone. You are right in that Cuban screwed the Mavs in the years to come. But in reality he did that in 2012 when he broke up their championship team. Like Morey, Cuban also fancies himself as the smartest guy in the room.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I actually blame that shot for signalling the beginning of the horrendous offseason of 2014. So no, it does not provide me any solace at all. :(

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We'll get over Parsons. 15M reasons why.

And signing with the enemy. You're not a Rockets fan if you can't understand the history between the two clubs.

Time to find our new glue guy

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

we could have had this guy for 900k and now this guy is being cut off right about now?!!?!?

man, I couldn't think of a worse decision in recent nba history

overpay for a star and chance at a title > letting him go because of a few dollars and ruin your 8 year window.

f***.

I won't be watching any live games next season. I f**** promise.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That cheap ass GM got us Harden and Howard in the first place.

If you think our championship hopes will rise or fall on Parsons, you're greatly mistaken.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Um trading Harden is probably worse. Parsons ain't no Harden. Overpaid role player.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well, if this is true, I'm severely disappointed. We just got rid of two $15M balloon payments and now we're giving up our third best player to a division rival for nothing. Parsons is only 25, he has 2-3 more years to grow into his game.

My daughter just showed CP25's Instagram in a Mavs uni. This just SUCKS!!!

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I dont care about any stupid old damn history. Its totally pointless. Just give me some talent to win a championship. And we were trying to sign Dirk? Gosh, that would drive you guys insane if that had happened.

I don't care about 15m. If Cuban can pay that, why can't we? I thought WE ARE THE TEAM THAT IS COMPETING FOR A TITLE AND in addition the 3rd most profitable?

Dwight took a massive paycut and profile loss just for this s***?!!!!

18. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Dang!! Thank God some Fans Understand! Thank You!!

19. Classic

Classic Member

Mavs fans think they're a 60 win team

LOL

I like Parsons but let's be realistic here.

Peace Hollywood Parsons.

20. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Captain hindsight over here. If we had this guy for 900k it would have taken a lot less than a 900k contract to make sure he wouldn't play for the rockets going forward. This way, at least we had a very strong chance of matching him and it would have taken a truly egregious contract to sign him away, which is what happened.

Your results-based analysis is illogical, emotional, and not based in reality. It may not have worked out as intended, but at each step Morey made the best move given what he knew at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.