1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. traveler

traveler Member

I was wrong. I said they would match. I am stunned at our roster right now.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Morey too blinded by Stars.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Cheap owner vs cheap owner. How is that low rent?

4. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We must be banking on TJones to have a big year next season.

For whatever reason.

5. HCA

HCA Member

2 words

Chris laettner

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

SO what should the mavs have done instead of going for Parsons??

I'm not saying theyre winning an NBA title after this, I'm just saying it's a good move for them. I want an owner that's going to push allthe chips in and get 1 more title with an aging star.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who helped us win 54 games this year? Role players?

8. HCA

HCA Member

I am glad we have a management that is smart enough to realize this team did not get out of the first round so why marry it for three years....during dwights prime.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

No stars are going to want to come here next season just like no stars wanted to come here this offseason. Morey is too obsessed with making Heat 2.0 and he's failing.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Bring back Kevin Martin! Trade Harden for Scola! Get Shane out of retirement!

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They lost a lot of their bench, depth, and assets with Blair, Carter, Marion, Dalembert, Larkin and Ellington either signed by another team, traded or released.

They got Chandler, Felton, Jefferson, and now Parsons. I am not sure if they will be a good team but they have a good head coach to help with that

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

He's talking about the first round exit playoff hump to the finals/past Spurs etc...

Vibe in Dallas now is w/parsons they beat the spurs in 7 last year and could be champs... Yes I literally laughed when he said it but they do have a decent squad...

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Trying to save capspace to entice Durant here next season? Morey's a gambler so why not.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I told you we not matching. Microwave your crow b****.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what I worry about Ariza too. I remember when we played Orlando after the trade, we were laughing that now it's the Magic fans, not us, who had to pull out their hair when Ariza did the TMac imitation move.

But one thing I give it to Morey is that he's not afraid to swallow his pride and erase his mistake. The first signing of Ariza was a mistake and Morey promptly shipped him for Courtney Lee. I think it won't be too difficult to trade Ariza with this contract.

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Why did morey decline again?

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, we have made arguably a parallel move at SF. PG... as much as people dislike Lin, we are now weaker at backup PG. As much as people disliked Asik, we are now weaker at backup C. We didn't make any improvement at PF. We depleted our bench.

Meanwhile, the teams in front of us improved. DAL improved. GSW improved. DEN improved.

Going to be tougher making the playoffs this year...

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Swinging for the fences&quot; and &quot;unnecessarily early ending possibly the best contract in the league then losing him&quot; are not the same thing.</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/488466467923693569">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Aware of the apologists theory regarding why the TO was declined. Even if it's true, that's not a justification for not matching.</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/488469683096788992">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Right, so let's completely throw away a year of his prime, when he's a a year after that from being able to leave. Terrific plan.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Next season?? No Durant's not free for another 2 seasons!