1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

This one hurts on soo many levels! Mainly because it's Dallas and after seeing Parsons tweet #MFFL it sucks even more. The one thing i can look forward to is the fact that no one knows what the future holds. Next years free agents may not be as attractive and 2016 may feel like a ways off, but things change quick in this league. Stars demand trades, Teams make moves, unforeseen things happen. At least that's the mindset i'm attempting to have. Cuban is a B***!

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never seen so much BS about Parsons not playing defense.

His defense went down, but it wasn't as if he didn't play defense. It wasn't as if he hasn't shown in the past that he's capable. I think part of the reason his defense wasn't as good last year was because he was playing too many damn minutes.

But no matter how much it dropped it was far from zero defense.

A 16/5/4 guy who can hit the three, create his own shot, make the good pass, has good chemistry with his teammates on a team with Dwight Howard and James Harden is worth more than any of us would have thought last year. The market has changed. It's sad day that Morey didn't realize that and chose to make the team worse for this upcoming season.

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

*Basketballaholic

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This was not a Luxury Tax decision. Rockets could have matched Chandler after signing Ariza, signed both rookies and still been 6 million below the Luxury Tax.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Does anyone else prefer organic growth? I hate chasing FA's and just waiting year after year only to get turned down... Love isn't coming here.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dang we lost Casspi also...

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree Joe Joe. Moreys done a fantastic job up to this point and he obviously miscalculated what a rival team who's owned by a shrewd billionarire could do. The offseason just started and Im sure Morey will make up for it somehow.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

All this talk about going backwards. How about we see our roster and play a few games before declaring this team dead in the water.

9. HouTXmetro

HouTXmetro Member

BYe Chandler, good player but not worth it under the circumstances.

10. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I hope they told him to go choke himself.

jk ... but **** CP and dallas

11. Houston_Rockets

I respect DM by having the balls to not making a huge mistake by committing 15M per for a fan favorite. Fact is he is not worth it, and I hope people will admit it after he proves he is nothing more then a solid role player and not overreact when he scores a buzzer beater to win a meaningless game in Dallas or scores 30 against us in a loss for them.

And as someone already said, people blame DM for treating guys like assets, but when you treat them like human beings with feelings, they go out there and sign with a rival for close do double the value and sign an offer cheat in the worst possible time frame for the previous team and takes pictures with the GM of a team that you still donĀ“t represent disrespecting the fan base of the team that owns you bird rights.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>HELLLLLLLLLO DALLAS <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MFFL?src=hash">#MFFL</a></p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/488453963700637696">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Punting on the season!? People act like the Rockets are putting a lottery team around him. Talk about overreacting. :rolleyes:

14. NotChandlerParsons

I may actually not watch the Mavs games this year. I ****ing hate playing them so, so much normally and it might just be too much to see Parsons in a Mavs jersey.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only miracle will save this nightmare is somehow mchale will drug suanders and trade love to the rockets for all of our freaking TE.

Yeah, I like our chance.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

CHANDLER STOP!

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Not feeling this in any respect.

18. Postcall

Postcall Member

He seems like he is taking it in stride.

19. xAliceInChains

I'm done. Peace

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Bottom line is, I dont think Les was ever going to let the team go way over the cap... He might pay the Tax but he isn't spending $40 million on the tax