1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. afk

afk Member

[​IMG]

Only one remains now. :(

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Parsons is not worth 46 million, but Ariza is worth 32 million?:rolleyes:

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

CB stayed with his team. CP ran to hated rivals and partied.

4. King901

King901 Member

Agreed.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Daryl Morey and owner Leslie Alexander contacted Chandler Parsons directly after not matching Dallas' offer. Keepin' it classy.</p>&mdash; Tas Melas (@TasMelas) <a href="https://twitter.com/TasMelas/statuses/488449710500622338">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Parsons 3 years and Ariza 4 years... do the math

7. MystikArkitect

Why exactly?

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah! And we replaced Lin with no one, which should be a dramatic improvement come clutch playoff time.

I am a little happy we didn't match because of all the idiots in here that seemed to think we would "NEVER EVER let Parsons go EVER so shut up with your 'he's over-rated' crap-glue is vital to hold a broken ship together" blah blah blah. I couldn't stand the Parsons worship or the Lin worship on here. They are not championship caliber players. They are role players getting paid too much.

And this isn't addition by subtraction. This is addition by addition because Ariza is a better player than Parsons because he plays defense.

#388 don grahamleone, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I would pay anything to know what the heck Morey is thinking right now.

Because this just does not make any sense to me.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I haven't read everything here, but I'm surprising more people aren't mentioning this. Ariza pretty much equals Parsons for 7-8 million less a year...it's pretty easy to figure out why we didn't match. I don't get why people are whinning...:confused: Yeah, I liked Parsons, but cmon the dude isn't untouchable and Cuban just made him a ridiculous offer...borderline idiotic for what Chandler brings.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

If the Rockets have a rocky year, the Fire Morey chants and Change the Owner chants should be full on and well deserved. I need to see the money spent before I believe the Rockets' spin that it's about championships and not making money for the organization. I guess it's more waiting and seeing.

12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Absolutely. Anyone who disagrees is just a terrible, terrible homer. The Rockets lost Asik, Lin, Parsons and a possible late 2nd round pick for Trevor Ariza and hopefully a better 1st round pick in 2014-2015. The team is much worse off for 2015 and now completely reliant on 2015 free agency before possibly losing Dwight in 2016. Would have been much better off exercising Parsons option and holding onto Lin. And let's not forget 2015 free agency essentially only has 1 max player who fit,s if Love goes to the Cavs, in LaMarcus Aldridge, and he is extremely unlikely to leave Portland. That leaves guys who don't fit at all like Jefferson and Gasol and Rondo who schematically seems an awful match with Dwight and Harden. Then you are left with essentially only Milsaps or Dragic.

It looks like the Rockets are in danger of completely blowing this Howard and Harden era.

13. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets lost in first round with Parsons with more talent on roster than there is currently. Without substantial upgrade, Rockets chances are dim. Parsons is a very good player, but the status quo won't win.

As I mentioned, I thought Rockets would match. As I am not an expert on every NBA contract, I do not have the resources to accurately judge how much matching would hamper ability to substantially improve. I assume Rockets crunched the numbers and that they think that matching Parsons would lock Rockets into a team that loses in the first round. Second round if lucky.

Rockets miscalculated what Parsons could get in restricted free agency. That is the glaring mistake. That is the decision that sent the Rockets backwards. Not matching just makes it apparent how much that decision hurts. I would have been meh if Rockets matched. I am meh that they didn't match. Parsons would help win more now, but Rockets still need substantial improvement. They need more improvement without him, but have more flexibility for improvement. Not a good day for Rockets as either decision would have consequences.

1 person likes this.
  15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Still think the biggest aquisition of the off season hinges on who they aquire as the defensive coach IMO.

16. midgetballa624

Um because we have even less depth than last year...

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree we need a coaching upgrade. The only person on our team that is in his prime is Dwight and maybe PBev, everyone else can get better. I expect growth from Harden and Jone next season. Let's see who else we bring in.

Morey did the opposite here and did Parsons a favor, and it blew up in his face. Parsons screwed us, I am okay with the "assets" approach.

If we can get a couple decent guys to improve depth we will be right where we were last season, if not better.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The cult is strong on this board, don't ever expect that to happen.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

We will regret this. What good is cap space when nobody will sign with us. 15 mil is a lot but Parsons got better each season. I guess Les is just cheap.

20. steady

steady Member

I know, I feel that way too.

New chapter for the Rockets begins now.