1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. vernonmaxwell11

clutch already outed this fool as a fake insider posting from asia

2. FEAR THE BEARD

Morey needs to be fired

3. Nook

Nook Member

Yup.

Letting Parsons out a year early had to be part of the Dwight signing, otherwise letting him out early makes no sense.

Had to attach a #1 and #2 to get rid of that albatross Lin.

Bosh commits and backs out.

I am fine with the Ariza signing as they can always flip him later if they choose to.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Okay, I'm slowly losing faith.

I need something to happen soon to get me restarted building faith.

First, they brought back Milk Hair.

Now this off season has been TURRIBLE.

I don't get it.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He can stick it up his arse.

Enjoy your money and Dallas, Parsley.

6. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Isn't a loss at all, unlike the prevailing mentality here. Smart move by the rockets finally!

7. Screwedup91

Screwedup91 Member

My question is.. What else is out there for us to land? We're giving up chemistry and continuity for a pipe dream Big 3? And there is not **** out there to "bolster" our bench.

8. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

Parsons is overrated, people are overreacting. He will easily be replaced by Ariza who's a better 3pt shooter and defender at half the price. Now the Rockets can address the real issue which is depth.

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Right, since teams would be able to offer over max next year...oh no wait, they can't.

I thought this was a weird decision (to not pick up his 4th option) when it happened, but I thought Morey is wiser and smarter and there must be something I'm missing. Still seems dumb. If it was predicated on the belief that Parsons would get no where near max in this market (but would come close next offseason), then I'm still pissed. It was a bad/wrong call that would have done nothing but SAVED LES MONEY. Best they were looking at was maybe $10M/yr now vs. $14M or something next offseason. When we're already going all the way to contend now...

Sorry, this is on Morey and Les, as much as I am still a huge Morey fan.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Signing Lin and Asik and taking up 50 mil over 3 years was pretty bad

11. afk

afk Member

I know it's sarcasm, but even as sarcasm that's scary. :(

12. today

today Contributing Member

Seriously? This has Morey written all over it... He knows that we can't get Love/Durant or any other big star if we had Parsons contract around our necks. It might take an extra year, but the magician will have us in the finals soon.

13. Solaris

Solaris Member

Make that 1st round and 2nd round draft pick to the Lakers.

14. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

It sucks but it's the right move, that contract would have hurt our flexibility going forward. With that being said, if we don't sign a secondary ball-handler who can create shots for himself or others, a lot of pressure is going to be put on Harden. Atleast last year he had the luxury to dump it off to a secondary or tertiary ball-handler in parsons and lin who can create shots off of the pick n roll.

15. vernonmaxwell11

please, players get dealt all the time. parsons isn't the only reason howard came to houston. they all understand it is a business and i'm sure whatever the rockets are doing will ultimately be better for the team and howard will be on board.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

Wow....this is the ultimate backfire....

Let CP become a RFA just imn case we can talk Melo into coming here...

Melo says nope...Mavs offer a LOT more than we would have, CP says cool...."where do I sign"

Rox offer Bosh Max and Bosh says "hmmmmm..."

Lebron goes home and MIA overpays and offers Bosh max as to not just let him go for nothing (come on...who would be that dumb....oh wait)

Rox sign Ariza and ponder should they match CP

Rox decide against matching and let the ULTIMATE asset leave....as an actual person instead of a chip piece.

Let him go for nothing....

Oooh...add in that $8.5 mil trade exception

We are for sure gonna beat Portland now!!!! smh

Morey....there's chinks bro....

I'm starting to see them now.

I get you had to let CP become RFA for a few reasons...Melo...plus because you more than likely promised Fegan CP will get his money sooner, since he let DH come to Houston....you had to do a "favor"....but letting CP go was a mistake that is on you.

And when CP becomes an all-star and Ariza becomes the Ariza he was last time he came off a contract year and got paid and came here......look out.

I'm still a believer....but eff the blind loyalty.

There's chinks in that armor Morey.

This mistake will be felt for years....and all to have a *chance* at another all-star you already had on your roster and let go for NOTHING...smh

SMFH

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

yup, he got sucked into the darkside by the easy money, no hint of appreciation for letting him out of his contract

18. haydenfisher342

this better be because of Love or Rondo, mostly love. Les has yet to pay anything above the lux. Dude is straight cheap. Morey could of moved chandler by 2015, could even move ariza, Morey could of done something to get us more flex in 2015-16. This move was for monetary purposes only

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Feelings aside, this move makes the most sense. Too much money for someone who isn't as deserving for what he gives to the team other than intangibles. Congrats to him, he gets paid either way.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't ever want to hear about treating players like assets ever again.

We treated a guy like a human and we got ****ed royally.

These are assets plain and simple, treat them as such.

1 person likes this.