1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS WILL MAKE PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samaki, Jan 20, 2000.

1. wink3

wink3 Member

H-doxy, you must be kidding to say that the Rockets will actually 2nd to last in the league. It is pretty obvious that you are only trying to get us all riled up but it is not working. If you think that it's blind optimism for us to think the Rocks have a fairly good shot at the playoffs, than I can settle with that. Because if you really are serious about what you say about the Rockets upcoming season than THAT is pure ignorance.

------------------
    I'm not clumsy, I just have to know my surroundings.

2. wink3

wink3 Member

H-doxy, you must be kidding to say that the Rockets will actually 2nd to last in the league. It is pretty obvious that you are only trying to get us all riled up but it is not working. If you think that it's blind optimism for us to think the Rocks have a fairly good shot at the playoffs, than I can settle with that. Because if you really are serious about what you say about the Rockets upcoming season than THAT is pure ignorance.

------------------

3. wink3

wink3 Member

looks like i got posted twice [​IMG]

------------------

4. jonesiii

jonesiii Member

Third in the division and make a return to the postseason with 50-32.

This Rocket bunch is a year wiser, sharper and keener. It's Hakeem finale and we are loaded from 1 to 5. IMHO with the talent, motivation, coahing staff and personnel the Rocks have, it is good enough to snare one of the the three seeds left.

Lock these 5 in:
    LAL
    POR
    SA
    MIN
    UTA

------------------

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

hetero doxy,

gat-E-r
    1) nice spelling.

The name/phrase has nothing to do with "alligatOr" or Florida "GatOrs". My grammar, puntuation, AND spelling are on par with anyone posting on this BBS.

I attempt to be cautiously optimistic (after all, the word fan is derived from "fanatic"), have momentary flashes of insight, and NEVER attack another person - just their logic if I do not agree.

I will readily admit to enjoying the posts of the "blind optimists" (your phrase) over those of the "blind pessimists". This BBS is all about having fun and I have never found pessimism to be a fun lifestyle.

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited September 12, 2000).]

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The point, that I was making albeit not very clearly, was that MoMoney will perceive that he is worth the max and that the Rocks will not offer him the max.

Going into the current offseason, MoMoney and his agent expected to sign for the max, which did not happen. I will be very surprised if going into next offseason that they do not have the same delusions.

If the Rockets do not promised to sign MoMoney to the max before the end of the next season, I see a problem with MoMoney's mouth and team chemistry. The problem is with MoMoney's perception of his worth and not the reality that the Rockets will likely make him the best offer in the next offseason that he will receive (but less than the max). If MoMoney does run his mouth, I suspect that the Rockets will not actively pursue him in the next offseason.

A point to remember is that the Rockets may get stuck with four first round draft picks next year. Each of the picks will get a guaranteed contract, which would eat a significant portion of our cap space and would limit the amount of $$$ they can use for FAs. The most likely scenario is that the Rocks will have two picks next year (their own plus the Bucks'). These two picks will guarantee that they will not have the max to give to MoMoney.

------------------