1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will face the Jazz in the second round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2018.

?

Who will win the 2018 Western Conference Semifinals?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.7%
  2. Rockets in 5

53.1%
  3. Rockets in 6

28.5%
  4. Rockets in 7

4.8%
  5. Jazz in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jazz in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jazz in 6

0.4%
  8. Jazz in 7

0.4%
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is all I could think of when I saw that. "I smell your lightsaber"

[​IMG]

2. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

THIS.

MichaelSpartan and SF3isBack!! like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought so to, until Rubio was injured and possibly not to return, from what I understand, until after this coming series with the Jazz, at the earliest. It's a blow for Utah, on defense particularly, and on offense with Rubio's excellent passing (never been worried about Rubio's personal offensive production, despite his improvement this season - don't trust the "improvement," but trust his passing).

Hamstrings are tricky. I couldn't decide if we'd beat them in 5 or in 6, being very impressed with their rookie, and with Gobert. I was leaning towards 5, but now I feel pretty good about taking them in 5 games sans Rubio. A series against OKC might have gone to 6 (that's assuming Westbrook remembered that he had some other guys playing with him that are pretty darn good), fueled by emotion. George and Melo would have been up for that series, considering the history there. Westbrook? If Westbrook got his act together, they could have been a tough out. Now? The Thunder are a quiet rumble, rumbling off the NBA stage, and who knows what that team will be like and who will be on it next season. Not our problem. Our problem, a very old problem for the Rockets, in NBA terms, are the freakin' Jazz. We just need to stay healthy, and getting Luc back at some point sure wouldn't hurt.

Rockets in 5.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With Rubio out, they will start swingman Royce Oneale. He is probably a better defender but is a rookie. Their backup PG is Exum and he has been a HUGE, HUGE liability. They benched him in favor of SG Alec Burks in the last game in a large lineup. He can provide them some shooting but he is hit or miss. I don't know why Neto hasn't been used.

Without Rubio, that really means Utah could struggle for points. Ingles and Mitchell will have to make plays. If the Rockets can start the game with great 3pt shooting a build a cushion, it could make it really hard for Utah to catch up.

Playing at a faster pace could also give Utah some problems since they will be down one ball handler in Rubio.

Hakeemtheking, mikol13 and Deckard like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Deuce and rocketsfan611 like this.
  6. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I really hope we don't underestimate the Jazz. They are peaking at the right time.

I really hope we could blow them out for atleast 3 of the games.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol at all the 7 game predictions and from the usual suspects. isiah also predicted the minny series would go to 6-7 games lol. and most glaring here is not even one anal-yst predicts a sweep. this despite us having demolished this team by double digits in the reg season and them missing the engine to their offense with injury now

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I’m not sure Rubio being out helps us.

They’ll start a shooter and if he gets hot that will hurt us.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AARGH!!... Damn NBA schedulers. I'm not going to be able to see any of the whole games until Game 4...:mad:

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I know we've owned Utah but I was looking for a game where we all clicked and Paul and Harden also played well this was it. Lovin what I see. Stay hungry Houston.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Jazz are learning there’s a big difference defending Harden versus Westbrook:

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Donovan Mitchell with more usage probably doesn't help either.

I liked watching Harden destroy Rubio in Iso situations.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

durvasa likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not to mention defending Westbrook on the break is really just about throwing up a wall and hoping he doesn’t get to the rim. Against the rockets you need to worry about the guy running the break plus guys going to the corners or wings. Multiple times the jazz just failed to handle a break because they’ve spent the last series dealing with a train wreck

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Does anybody when the Jazz are supposed to show up?

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Keep in mind people, teams coming off an emotional series win that the 1st game is always tough, especially considering the time of the game, lack of rest and Rubio being out for the first time. I expect a much better Jazz team in the 2nd game. I'm not worried, but don't expect a sweep with 4 beatdowns all of a sudden. Game 1's usually mean very little to how the rest of the series goes.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol we blew out Spurs game 1 last year

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

cliche for every series for a team that loses the first game. utah already played their best in the 1st round. its not happening this series. theyre just not on houston's level plain and simple