1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will face the Jazz in the second round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2018.

?

Who will win the 2018 Western Conference Semifinals?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.7%
  2. Rockets in 5

53.1%
  3. Rockets in 6

28.5%
  4. Rockets in 7

4.8%
  5. Jazz in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jazz in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jazz in 6

0.4%
  8. Jazz in 7

0.4%
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Luc also went for 17 pts in the 4th quarter on perfect shooting if I recall correctly. He was our center which forced Gobert to play out to the perimeter where he was not comfortable at all.

saleem, RasaqBoi and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

Hope rubio recovers fast to prove hollic‘s point that we need him to take ball handling pressure off harden.

On a serious note, rockets in 5

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Another gentlemens sweep.

My hot analysis is the jazz dont look that good to me and besides a game one rust loss this is 4 or 5 game series. Even with game 1 rust loss I dont see it.

Ingles, the rookie and a mish mash of gobert and favors as twin towers is not going to cut it. Sure gobert and favors might control paint more than gibson and kat did but i dobt see favors and gobert being that much. Gobert will get a few nasty blocks to be sure but capela looks better than him.

With that the jazz just dont have enough. Famous last words and their crowd is admittedly a 6th man for them ( shame on you rich houston uninterested season ticket holder)

But with jazz just dont see a rational way they can do it unless catastrophic injuries or rockets have meltdown of all meltdowns somehow. Ish happens and it used to be ish smith happens. How far we have come! Rockets in 5

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree even though they are in disarray with adams george westbrook and even an older anthony is still more annoying and potential blow up in face. Okc was like a old chick thats hot still has it sometimes. That would have been a way harder out.

We are talking gobert favors rookie and ingles.rubio i love too btw but cmon. That feels like a lottery team / fringe team almost.

At this point the concern is wcf and finals.

Can rockets overcome anthony davis? How? Can rockets beat warriors? How?
    Can rockets beat the east representatives?

At this point with 65 wins and a medium good showing in round one I say it will be a fight starting wcf. Those last 8 wins are going to be VERY interesting and VERY difficult and different. They will be challenged here soon just not yet.

My concern is they half ass through jazz series win..then they get gobsmacked in wcf. This is too easy so far. Im still not anywhere near sure about these last 8 and these next 4 wins would have been a b**** with okc.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, Marteen, Nick_713 and 3 others like this.
  6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I like how you qualify the Jazz as a juggernaut just to say “Rockets in 5” lol

By the way I agree according to the natural order

7. RCPM

RCPM Member

Rockets in 5, but a sweep wouldn't surprise me.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I really don't hate this Jazz team like the Stockton/Malone teams. But Jazz fans are some of the most disgusting people I've ever encountered.

htownrox1 and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all except for ZDOG. that dude is pure gold

Roxnostalgia likes this.
  10. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I would have said Rockets in 4 but I will give the jazz one game in Utah just for the sake of it. They are a good team and the coach is doing a very good job in coaching up these guys. I don't think they have enough to overcome what the Rockets will throw at them. Let the game begin.

dkim1984 likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

CP3 has to really lift his game and sustain it from the beginning. The Jazz will lose confidence if that happens. Their defense, length and smarts/ crowd support will help them. I expect it to go to the wire, because Luc is out.
    Rockets in 7.
    Go Houston Rockets!

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Genleman's sweep

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5 is a good call, I would have said 6. But in the playoffs injuries can happen, and Donovan will probably elevate his scoring to 28-29 ppg.

We do match up nicely and they lack an offensive threat other than Mitchell.

14. fiersdownbelow

They got beat twice by the Blunder last week.

dkim1984, topfive and dc rock like this.
  15. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

We'll have one game where we shoot 25% from the beyond the arc, and the Jazz will take that game. Otherwise, all Rockets. Houston in 5.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

17. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Push the pace, make shots, PNR Gobert, Mitchell, Ingles, Rubio, and blanket Mitchell and Ingles. Rinse, repeat. Keep it simple.

OKC lacked of a structured system that optimises their top heavy roster was exposed again. Brodie's all out play is A+ for effort, an F for decision-making and setting the table for teammates. Adams in the Rockets system would be up for All-Star considerations, a double double machine and anchor the defense with physicality.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Oh it ain't hype. Mitchell is for real.

Rockets in 5/6

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

we not gonna lose, but if we do b holic will never let it down with the hot take on ricky rubio. Imagine an offseason of him just harping on how capela isn't gud enough and rubio is 2 gud.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its probably going to 4 or 5 game series. The biggest problem for jazz is they can't score. Even if they go up big the rockets can wipe out their lead in 3 minutes. I don't think you win just being a good defensive team. Also while golbert guards the middle who will guard they 3 point shooters.