1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets & Warriors Offense: Iso vs. Ball Movement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, May 9, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Utah during their runs got too many corner threes
    That bothered me

Rocket River

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would like to see Rockets incorporate some of the pin down screens and off ball picks to get EGo and Ryno easier looks similar to what Lebron did with Korver-Love during Toronto series.

A good surprise offensive wrinkle for when Harden and Paul are not feeling it.

It also doesn't hurt to get some easy baskets for our secondary scorers early and get their confidence up.

Voltik and mario_v like this.
  3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Let me remind you that there used to be two of the most ballhoggers in the league in Cleveland with Lebron and Kyrie and STILL THEY GOT BEAT!! You simply cannot win with playing ISO ball against the Warriors because the Warriors defend is design to stop that.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

aint gonna lie... i prefer ball movement to iso ball....i think good ball movement provides for easier buckets whereas iso ball requires great individual performances... Hopefully we got the horses to pull this off! :)

mario_v likes this.
  5. kevcai

kevcai Member

I think ball probably is probably more enjoyable to watch as a fan because everybody is involved in the offense but it's not like the Rockets don't swing the ball when that's the right play. It's all about making the defense scramble to get off a good shot. The Warriors do so by having constant ball movement/player movement whereas the Rockets do it by having a dominant guard break his man down 1v1 and collapse the defense.

The thing I feel nobody is talking about is the fact that when things bog down in the playoffs and the game gets tight...Iso ball is generally favored over Ball movement. It's more predictable but you know you have the ball in the right player's hands (Harden or Paul). You need that player that can "Go get you a bucket". Not saying the Warriors don't have that because KD is amazing 1v1 and Steph/Klay have both hit big shots in their careers -- just saying when it's a close game with 2 minutes left...it's most likely going to come down to Iso vs Iso.