1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets/Warriors: Is a rivalry possible?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by iLookOK, Mar 19, 2013.

1. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I can't tell if it is possible to have a rivalry with this team.

One one hand, you have:

1. David Lee - Didn't shake hands with Lin after winning by 30. This is after Lin generously hosted Lee in Taipei, Taiwan showing him around the place and playing streetball together. These are two friends. Also, I went to a game I think two or three years ago and saw Lee get in a scuffle with the Chuckwagon. Not cool. But then Lee just got into a scuffle with Hibbert, who also got into a scuffle with the Chuckwagon, so it kind of equaled out. But yeah, this guy is a douche.

2. Bogut - Always felt sorry for the guy until the CUNextTime comment. Douchebag move. Why do people sign him? I think David Andersen is the better Aussie. Not really, but thats a pretty good way to insult someone.

3. Irrelevant rookie - prevented history from happening.

4. Coach Jackson - Gets into twitter wars with guys that Stephen A. Smith has never even heard of. You, my friend, need to get off of twitter.

On the other hand:

1. Stephen Curry - Can't hate this guy, stepped up above the rest of his teammates and shook hands like a man. Doesn't play dirty. Good kid overall.

2. Carl Landry - A Rocket favorite. 8 million time Landry player of the game award recipient. Took a bullet and still played. Lost a tooth, still played. Nothing but love.

3. A bunch of other guys that generally play good, clean, basketball.

Is this a team you can call your rival?

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's a pretty lopsided rivalry so far lol.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Somebody didn't shake Lin's hand and prevented some record? It will all be forgotten as soon as the Rockets get into the playoffs and get to battle some team for two weeks, that's where rivalries happen.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What rivalry, we whooped their asses 3 times this season and they were being a bunch of cry babies about it.

5. smr6

smr6 Member

Rivalry is kind of pointless if neither team is a contender.

6. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I, for one, am of the opinion that there is only one real rivalry in basketball, and that's Lakers-Celtics. Every other rivalry has either been short lived (New York-Indiana, for example) or more about one team hating the other than a real rivalry (Houston-Utah).

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This. The Rockets rivals are teams like the Lakers, Mavericks, and Jazz; teams that we have played hard-fought, tough-nosed playoff series with, where everything was left on the court. The Warriors acting like punks and fake tough guys is hardly worth calling a rivalry. Besides, last time I checked, it's a pretty rivalry when one team has won 75% of the games between the two teams.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

*pretty crappy rivalry

9. VanityHalfBlack

Only rivalry I see is Miami vs Everybody!

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Cuz we are the modern day RUN TMC

HOUSTON RUN "HL&P"

[​IMG]

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Well the Lakers and Mavs have owned us in recent years...so...

12. thisiscaketown

Hopefully we have more success than they did.