1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets wanted D'Antoni back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I just saw a random Instagram clip of Faried on Rockets.

Pretty crazy that he was dropping double doubles (12 in 24 games) and then gets completely pulled out of our rotation come playoff time.

People will pretend it was defensive rotations or whatever other excuse but considering D’antoni’s offensive philosophies maybe he really was a stubborn coach that sometimes made horrible decisions. Still like the coach but definitely had some questionable rotations time and time again.

DreamShook and sabesque like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Frank Vogel tried every player on his roster in route to a championship. D'Antoni wouldn't even try something different. I won't miss that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you know the deep heat only played 7 players and got a W vs the lakers without dragic. So is that the wrong move or correct move

4. HP3

HP3 Member

My guy....Faried is in China and I feel like that's the only argument I need.

KelvinCato13, Nook, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean, How’d they play in Game 6? You’ll just chalk it up to Lakers being too strong for that point, but not for Miami’s win right?

The Heat in the playoffs played Jimmy, Dragic, Herro, Bam, Robinson, Crowder, Iggy, Olynyk, check out Derrick Jones minutes against Indy, Nunn a few games vs Milwaukee and Boston.

D-rock likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean did they not win the game or nah. what's the purpose of playing the game? To win it.

How'd they play in game 6, well they went outside of a 7 man rotation and loss

D-rock likes this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Still averaged 12 and 8 for us and we had a very good record when he joined.
    He’s not the main culprit but 12 double doubles and people saying Bruno and IH need more time.

HP3 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's also pretty crazy that he has not played in the NBA since.

Why do people need to pretend it was defensive rotations when everybody could see how bad Faried was at defense.

Nook, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean maybe? I just think he didnt play because he was terrible at defense. Maclemore would probably be a better example of where Mike messed up.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

word. I hate it when you know in the playoffs they do the exact same thing to James... send the double team for 5 straight games. That’s how you beat the rockets year in and year out.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't get the huge crush on a player that is in China because NO TEAM IN THE NBA wanted him.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

he isn't even in China. Faried was cut by the Lions December 2019, literally a month after he signed. He hasn't been on any team since and has just been on social media for the last year at home

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

But you want JVG as next HC.

Why wouldn't his most recent postseason record reflect your preference?

No one doubts that MDA was prolific in regular season, it his postseason record that all lament.

14. Victorious

Victorious Member

All the faried,bruno and IH need more time folks are all on something and i want some!

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. I meant Faried didn’t get the minutes how the hell people gonna argue for IH or Bruno.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

You might be mixing me up for someone else. I'm not sure how i feel about JVG coming back.

I just think that a huge piece that the rockets lack is the ability to make adjustments (when cold, to maximize strengths/minimize weaknesses, situationally in the playoffs, blah blah), and i think that is a huge part of what the rockets need to hire for. Having a "system" is only going to take them so far.

I am just very much against the idea some people have on here that not locking up Mike to a multi-year extension at a dollar amount that's symbolic of his legacy as coach is a big organizational screw up. He was already paid for his performance in the past. You extend him based on what you think he's going to do for you in the future.

D-rock likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah it's remarkable that RoCo was by far harden's 2nd best player followed by PJ/Jeff Green. Where was EG and westbrick? now that's remarkable. something's off there

REMARKABLE

D-rock, Nook and HP3 like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Almost all the Rockets twitter guys, even the good ones are clueless when it comes to coaching.