1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want a young star and massive package of picks for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I doubt boston will offer much for Harden, in light of their Kyrie Irving trade debacle. Irving like harden was a disgruntled star. He had 2 years left on his contract. Boston was not on his list. 2 years later, Irving left the celtics for the Nets. Will Ainge already a hesitant dealer/gm risk even more assets to run the same scenario only with bigger risks & star in Harden. Reports from boston media is that there is currently no interest.

Rockets fans might have to face the prospect that James Harden is not as desirable/valuable a commodity (to others) as they suspected. Initially I thought that @Clutch trade proposal of simmons, jrich + all the picks was a likely and probable proposition. Now days later, multiple Zach Lowe reports, Woj, Shams report and reddit threads later... I'm wondering if they can just get simmons and a pick or two. Perhaps the great proposals will come flooding in later, but as of now, the market for Harden isn't clamoring with buyers to say the least.

IMO rockets have till the trade deadline to either fix their relationship with Harden OR take the best trade deal as long as its superior to the Nets proposal.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

For Jrue?
    3 1sts and solid players

Jrue isn’t even Westbrook level. Not even remotely in range of Harden.

The proposed trade has number 2 overall this year and top 3 protected next year-I added in Brown who isn’t even in the offer from the insider.
    Even with Brown, two 1sts and Brown is not enough.
    You can downplay Hardens worth all you want, but you’re wrong.

You can also downplay Ball and Ingram worth, but you’re wrong.
    Two young players-coming off 18&5/16/5 for Ingram and 12/7&10/6 for Ball plus the 4th and Hart.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You said it yourself, this draft is not the draft to have the number 2 pick have value. The other pick is top 3 protected.
    I threw Brown in but he’s going to GS for the 2nd in that trade scenario.

If you think Hardens worth is only two top 5 picks or even Brown and two top 5 picks, we can’t have a discussion. It’s just not accurate.

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

If Tatum, Simmons or Kyrie not in any Harden talks then **** off Morey, Ainge and whoever the hell is the GM for the Nets!

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And more mid round picks isn’t what his worth is either. I’m not saying either or. They’re both **** platters.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

By going public like he has, Harden has essentially screwed the Rockets. Everyone now knows that he only wants to play in Brooklyn so any offers they (Rox) will get are going to be less than what they need to get for a franchise player. Not surprised that he wants out. The name of the game is to get that ring in order to validate your career. You folks have to have seen this coming.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed. I was just discussing that if Boston is sending top 5 picks to Houston + Brown. You do it.

I think with Boston and Brooklyn, it has to be a three team deal involving one of Min/GSW/Cha for one of their picks. Because just Brown isn't enough.

For Boston, replacing Brown for Harden is a win. The question is what does Boston give up to send even a single top 3 pick to the Rockets? It would have to be Brown...so I don't know how the trade works with Boston.

When it comes to Boston and Brooklyn the Rockets are lucky to get a top 3 Picks plus fillers.

The best deal out there is Philly, hands down, but Tilman is holding a grudge against Morey apparently so...

blahblehblah likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Actually Jrue is better than westbrick. That's why a number of teams coveted him before he went to the bucks. I'm not wrong about Ball at all. he's never going to be a star. he's a role player at best. Ingram is a solid all star. he won't be anything more than that

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Did AD screw the Pelicans, did Russ and PG screw OKC????

Kawhi was the only instance where I can remember where he ended up screwing the Spurs out of a good haul but Spurs were being stupid at that time.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, if you want to be disingenuous that’s on you. You can’t be taken serious if you think Jrue is better than Westbrook.

Sanity2disChaos and Sooty like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh its definitely true. There's nothing disingenous about it. He's a much better defender, younger, skilled, iq.
    and so forth. know why the bucks didn't offer that to houston. Because westbrick isn't better. and on top of that they're taking the risk of being a 1 year rental. The rockets would take that deal in a heartbeat clearly

the ones who can't be taken serious are those who think westbrick is still some great player. That's how low i realize their iq's are and what they know about winning

Denovo likes this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Bucks just traded 3 FRO for Jrue. The Celtics were willing to trade a bunch of picks for him too. Nobody would offer that for Russ. The Rockets would have traded Russ for Jrue in a second if they had the option. You are in the minority if you think Russ is the better player right now.

JayGoogle and YOLO like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But it is the only draft we have to work with. We have no future draft picks, it's going to be hard to tank with try hard Westbrook here and tanking comes down to a coin flip chance to keep our pick.

It's this draft bro or it's the 2027 draft.

Just because a draft isn't projected well doesn't mean there can't be stars or even all-time players to come from it. It's all a guess. Wiseman could very well be the next Rasheed and Lamelo the next Penny, they could also bust, that's the case for any draft. Zion could very well still be a bust with his injury history.

When it comes to the draft, you take what you can get and hope it works out.

Our scenario is special though, we don't have our own picks until 2027...so Harden leaves 2 seasons from now...then what? How do we get our next superstar player?

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Because another clutchfan poster/twitter account said its true, it’s true?
    Jrue is 30 yrs old, way less counting numbers. Not a very good 3 pt shot. And defense is solid, nothing special.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Jrue vs Westbrook as a player is debatable, I wouldn't argue too much either way. Their value as trade assets however is inarguable IMO. Jrue >>> Westbrook

One interesting tidbit from Lowe and Windhorst revealed on their podcast. Pelicans was tirelessly seeking a top 10 pick for Jrue, but couldn't find a buyer. They ultimately received a great haul anyways from the desperate Bucks.

D-rock likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no because its facts. regardless you're in the minority here and nothing you can say to dispel the facts

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The minority on this board. I don’t like Westbrook game at all.
    In a vacuum Westbrook is a massively better player than Jrue.
    If you gave them the same contract, there isn’t a team out there that would pick Jrue.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The facts are proving me right lol.
    Jrue has never had a season close to anything like Westbrook.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

There would be more teams picking Jrue than westbrick

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody cares about his past. That doesn't matter. Today November 18th Jrue is clearly the better player and what teams are coveting. the only reason people bring up westbrick from years ago is because he's that bad now and is a bad player for this era of the nba. Terrible fit for so many teams all across the league