1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want a young star and massive package of picks for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yes, if it nets us a better return than the garbage teams are offering right now. This season is lost regardless if they leave and so is our draft pick.

And you are overlooking the long term hit of a star bullying his way out with multiple years on his deal. When has that ever happened?

D-rock, Plowman and zeeshan2 like this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Lol. Bunch of PR speak.

Harden and Westbrook will both be gone to start the season.

peleincubus and JayZ750 like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure two (if not all three) of those picks NOLA got from the Bucks are also unprotected, and they get a couple of swap on other pick too so, that's a huge haul for Holiday expiring.

D-rock, JayZ750 and Chuck04 like this.
  4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

all three of those teams u mentioned included lebron... who nba and adam silver, nike, and china will bend over backwards for just so he can win and be relevant.

and even then.. cleveland hasn't bounced back whatsoever so not sure what you're trying to say. lakers took more than a decade of being absolute trash before the league and china decided this is the year for the lakers with lebron. and it took a franchise icon's death to really steer that narrative to the max. and miami is run by riles who actually knows what he's doing... unlike half of the league that is filled with incompetent front offices. but riley doesn't give a **** about player perception... that's why he gave lebron **** as soon as he left miami. and he never gave dwade a full max contract... dwade was never the top earner on his team his whole time in miami. and what did that do for their player perception around the league? absolutely nothing.

D-rock, Caesar and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. AkeemOlaDROwon

Kind of insulted that Mcmahons tweet is even big news and wasn’t already implied or known by everyone that follows the NBA. “BREAKING: HOU wants a haul of assets for beloved superstar.” NO ****, you don’t say?!?
    Based on all the previous deals in recent memory with similar situations, HOU should 100% wait for the haul of a lifetime. AD traded for Ball, Ingram, #4 pick, two additional 1sts, and 2 pick swaps. Jrue went for 3 unprotected 1sts and 2 pick swaps, Covington traded for 2-1sts.
    All of a sudden Stone who is in his 1st offseason as GM and wants to make a great impression, is just going to fold and take 2 1st rounders and a few role players with upside. What are ppl really smoking out there on Twitter? Saying Dinwiddie, Levert, and 2 1sts are more than enough. GTFOH.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

look what loyalty got us? Ransacked by our own star and left with no future. **** that

DCHAMP likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I mean we heard all these rumors with the nets today and that’s not the best offer at all

D-rock likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Silver better net us the number 1 pick like he did for Cleveland when James left town.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

tc0330, riko, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Brown is good but not good enough when you trade James Harden.

Hayward would be great...if Harden would still be here, otherwise it makes no sense due to his age.

The rest of the package is straight trash...lol at the protection too.

jacoby, D-rock, Little Bit and 4 others like this.
  11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

This franchise had no future before Harden came here, why were you expecting one when he's gone?

D-rock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Are you sure we had no future? I think nobody can say what would've happened, and it's not like we couldn't do **** before Harden came in, we actually had a top 2 team in the league and just lost a title in the same way we lost it against the Warriors because of the CP3 injury, just saying.

If Harden is gone we obviously won't be good from the go, but i also don't know how can you say we won't have any future, unless you're actually from from the future :eek::D

fckbandwagons likes this.
  13. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

In the 15 years preceding Harden we made the playoffs only 7 times and got to the second round once. In that same span of time Harden was the only true franchise-changing player we have been able to acquire through either the draft or trades and that was once in a lifetime robbery. So yeah, forgive me if I'm not so optimistic about our rebuilding odds, especially with our current owner.

bumbum09, Deuce, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Hayward has a huge expiring deal. Something Scrooge would love and why Boston is now rumoured to be dangling with Hayward along with Brown and picks for Harden.

Ainge will go for it hence why Stone is not even talking to the Nets. Ainge for the longest time craved for a superstar. He obviously tried for AD and it failed . Yannis will stay in Milwaukee so Harden will be his shinning night star to go with Jason Tatum

#54 riko, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  15. AkeemOlaDROwon

i was referring more to who I assume are Nets fans commenting on what they thought was good enough deal to obtain harden not what was rumored by media outlets.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Smart better come in any deal with Boston.

D-rock and riko like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

I am pretty sure they would want him starting next to Harden . I can’t think of a better fit. He can defend and shoot the three ball. He will be like what Beverley was here but on human growth hormones

BHannes2BHonest and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

hayward looks like he’s going to Atlanta. We actually delayed his opt in until Thursday so we could try and work on getting a tpe or something from them or get him somewhere else but there’s a real chance his days in Boston are over. He wants his 34 million but doesn’t want to opt in and be traded somewhere he can’t control so both sides are working on it amicably or trying to.

doubtful he’d be in a harden deal. And again unless Tillman just won’t do a deal w Morey- I think you get Simmons. Celts best deal would be brown/smart/Williams multiple picks imo

D-rock, riko and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough, still, that could be said for pretty much all the teams that never even had a guy close to being as good as James is.

I just don't get why we should think we'll be 100% dead forever, i mean, i get it, but if that's the mentality you're going to have, it might be better for you to just stop following the team...or you can just embrace the change (since it was going to come anyway in 12 or 24 months) and enjoy the rebuild, we might be surprised too, who knows.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Exactly...but every deal I see with Boston doesn’t include smart.