1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want a young star and massive package of picks for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

In Wednesday’s podcast, the topic of Holiday came up during Redick and Lillard’s conversation and the Blazer guard could not have been more complimentary of Holiday.

“To me, he’s the best defender in the league. Like, out of the guards, I think he’s the best defender. And even after that series everbody was like ‘Man, Jrue Holiday did his…’ and after the series – he did a great job, he’s a great defender – but I was like ‘They just trapped the hell out of me and blitzed me with two people the whole time.’ So say it with some context. We got our pride as players. Don’t act like I was just out here on an island. But he did a great job. I love Jrue.”

D-rock likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So KD says it and it’s true?

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you didn’t read others post that said exactly what I said.
    Westbrook is better player and not even debatable, Jrue is better fit.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao here we go yet again.

"Literally nobody says hes the best defensive guard in the league"

*Posts proof that KD/Dame both praise him as so*

"So they say it and its true"

[​IMG]

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, so buddy says widely regarded as the best defensive guard in the league. One person says that and it’s widely regarded?

You might be the dumbest person in this forum.
    You not only don’t know what you typed, then you went and doubled down on it. Being wrong is fine, not knowing you’re wrong just makes you dumb.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

hahahhahah man where did all these morons on cf's come from. It's embrassing. you're literally stupid.

you actually said nobody calls him the best defender guard and yet 2 of the most premier players in the league did. Then you back track like a dummy. This is why cf's has gone downhill with losers that posts dumbass stuff all the time

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So....the last few pages have little to nothing to do with Harden or a potential Harden trade?

joshuaao and jim1961 like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Westbrook is the poster child for what smart people in the NBA have been trying to show everyone for the last decade or 2.

Flash and an abundance of counting stats when given insane usage do not equate to greatness.

YOLO likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It is, it’s hard reading your stuff.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. He’s still better player than Jrue.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, got off topic.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Former MVP Kevin Durant joined the podcast and Redick brought up the topic of Holiday

Jrue Holiday is solidified as probably the best defender in the league at the guard position. When we talk about defense, a lot of people don’t really understand what defense really means. For different positions, especially at point guard, the stuff you have to do to guard, they don’t get a lot of credit for fighting over screens especially now they getting screened at half court, guys are running off of pindowns. ”

“You put Jrue in any system, any coach is going to ask him to guard the best player. We played them in 2018, second round and he guarded me the whole series. He was picking me up full court, he was guarding me in the post. Actually, it was tough to dribble on Jrue Holiday. He slides his feet so well, he’s got good hands, he’s strong, he’s got good instincts. I gained a lot of respect for him in that series because he went from guarding me to Klay (Thompson) to Steph (Curry) to guarding Draymond (Green), neutralizing picks and rolls. He’s special. He’s special on that side of the ball.”

but but but now it's so if KD says it's true. lmfaooooooooooooooooo

[​IMG]

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Try this one on for size. https://tradenba.com/trades/trYOsR0jB

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok man, keep on being ignorant. It’s very clear you are lacking in the IQ department.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

your dumbass has no room to talk. but but but but but nobody has said he's the best defender like at all.

but but but but just because he said it its true. what a complete idiot.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Context. So two players say he’s the best, that means widely regarded as best like Jordnnn said?
    Jordnnn even posted a list from experts that has him 5th. Good, elite even. But not the best.

And you can deflect from being wrong all you want, your ignorant ass didn’t even know what you typed.
    Jrue better than Westbrook, lmao

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody has said he's the best defender like at all. hahahahahhahaha

I know he is and a number of others have said Jrue is better. lmfao. you're just too dumb to understand that