1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yahboyryan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

What is up with the refs lately.. Rockets are playing really hard to mKe it in the playoff but refs have been calling some weak and bs calls against the to roxs....and its costing them.. Come on refs let them playing!

2. devilsdandruff

nothing wrong with them.
    it's pretty typical stuff in the NBA. you should never blame the ref for losing a game.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

We don't have a superstar, so we don't get the superstar calls down the stretch. 'Nuff said.

4. Mr. Space City

its not the refs. we just don't have a player who can put the ball in the bucket when the game is on the line.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we shouldn't ever complain about calls because we have kevin martin, he's a walking foul call. its hilarious how he runs into his defender and the defender is always dumbfounded as to how it's a foul on them.

6. acjeitherocket

When it matters most...Rox are just unclutch....

7. YourSecretLover

Reality Check. We just suck. Lets just focus on improving our roster for next season!

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

its not just the fans martin, lee, and even adelman said the calls were questionable post-game. this is the NBA, what other professional sports can you identify refs/officials by name?

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

NFL, easily.

I don't watch any other professional sports, but I'm sure someone out there would say all of them.

10. AggieRocketsFan

The call toward the end when Lee fouled Duncan in a 2pt game to send Duncan to the line was a major game changer.

The guys on NBAtv were even dumbfounded, "Did he get another lifetime achievement award on that call?"

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

The refs still smell residual Yao stench on the players. That's why.

12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

then why respond? the point is, NFL officials get fined for making incorrect calls, and in the NBA, players and coaches get fined for speaking negatively about the officials and their calls. the nba is corrupt and the nfl is not, that's the point.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets have never gotten the calls where have you been?

That's what has made the wins sweeter.. and even the championship years we won in spite of the refs. Doesn't it feel better to get something with adversity? nothing is easy.

How would you feel to have that game 7 finals win last year as a laker fan? That was some of the weakest s*** I think I have ever seen. That's why I have no respect for the lakers.

We lost tonight and the refs banged us again. If I was a spurs fan I would feel like dirt for that win, and I can tell you the spurs don't want to play us in the playoffs if they can avoid it. Lucky for the spurs we probably won't make it.

But yes we will have to fight through the refs, and chances are in the end we will come up on the losing end of that affair.

It's part of being a rockets fan and until they get their act together and get rid of don sterleone we are going to have to continue having shills like - bennett the bull salvatore and tomato can joey crawford from s boston.

I mean it reads like a friggin godfather script. And we all sit here and take it in the ass with the hope that maybe just maybe we can fight through the ref BS. It' s pitiful sometimes but I 'll take that 93 94 running down richmond party over that BS that LA had against Sacramento in game 6 2002, or that BS game 7 finals last year 100 free throw erotica. I keep saying I'm done with the NBA just because of that , but remember how fun the championship years were ...and I like this scrappy team we have.

We aren't going to get any love from the refs .and if you want love from the refs go climb that sandhill, and kiss kobes tainted balls. It's like blood money I dont want the refs on my side ... f - them.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Reality check. We just lost the best team in basketball. Reality check. We were without our second best player. Reality check. Against the best team in basketball and without our second best player, the game was up in the air, literally, with 30 seconds on the clock. We were down 2 and off on a 3 on 1 break before the phantom whistle on Lee. Instead it is down 4 with 30 seconds. Game over.

It sucks that we lost. It sucks that it is becoming more and more unlikely that we make the playoffs. It sucks that it has taken us until the trade deadline before playing like a playoff team. It sucks. I know. It's frustrating. I am. But still, let's not lose track of reality. The real one.

#14 CXbby, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It's hard to blame the refs completely for a loss. There are so many plays in a game that one or two missed called shouldn't affect the outcome.....BUT......NBA officiating is horrendous!
    The fact that they have the ability ot look at a replay but are too self righteous to do so pisses me the hell off! I mean is it that hard to call what you see? The way fouls are anticipated and falling/flailing gets a whistle is just sad.
    But like some posters ahve already wrote, there is no accountability with NBA officiating. I can't think of any other job where you can be wrong so many times and still be employed. That and the person who is directly affected by your mistakes is fined for rightfully complaining.

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Its, simple. Stern doesn't want the Rockets in the playoffs. He would rather be the Suns, cause they would draw a bigger audience then the Rockets if they were to get in. I hope the Suns do make it though so we would get 2 picks in the top 19. I 'm gonna get flamed for saying that, I know. "Your not a true Rockets fan" one of you peeps might say. Well I am, but I don't see the point of making the playoffs and getting killed. We need all the building blocks we can get. A 17-19 pick is way better then a 20-30. Read my sig.

17. albuster

albuster Member

The reality is that this current Rockets are mediocre. It does not negate the reality though that NBA referees, particularly this season, are just plain and simple mediocre.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

From a Spurs fan: "Spurs fan here, happy with the win but i gotta be honest, we got a lil help from the refs indeed! haha So what if the refs help you out? You take anything to get the W right? Like anyone would care about this game in a year or two or even next week. Everyone will forget about this game while we enjoy the win, thank you NBA! These are the perks of being a Spurs fan rather than being a Rockets fan! Haha You fellas been sucking for 14 years now why would the refs or the league care about you?! LOL"

19. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

At least the Rockets can win a championship back to back. And if ya'll didn't trade Scola for peanuts, you guys would of done so by now.

20. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

LOL. Cant really argue with you, being the Spurs have been consistently good. But if the ONLY way you can beat a Rockets team with no superstar and mediocore role players is by the refs, your team is OVERRATED. Even with the best record, your still never win another ring. When Duncan's sorry ass retires, you'll suck for the next 15 years