1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Vs Jazz (Game 7 Highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Aug 7, 2007.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

Knowing and fixing our weaknesses is important :)

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

It was McGrady versuse the jazz. he single handedly got us in the game and nearly won it. that 3 point play right at the end i thought would give us the momentum..

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yes I agree...Tracy vs. Jazz...And that fuc*in' 3 pointers by Okur and Kirilenko :mad:

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

don't mind all the people who are unhappy to see this.

Thanks for sharing.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

or inability to grab a rebound at the end of the game to give themselves a shot to win the game......ugh....I was there....it sucked......

6. batkins

batkins Member

I capped the whole game in HD, and put every basketball we scored in it.

7. wreck

wreck Member

Think of the good that came from this.

1. New Coach
    2. Mike James return
    3. JVG would never want to coach Francis again

There would not have been a much needed overhaul if we had made it to the conference finals.

8. SmitingPurpleEm

He got us back in the game yes, but he didn't get it done in the 4th, Yao was the man in the 4th with 15 points.

By the way, who wasn't guarding AK on the huge trey that tied the score? McGrady.

9. batkins

batkins Member

He wasn't supposed to be, all series long everyone that was guarding AK backed off quite a bit.

10. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Too soon?

Not sure if I want to see this. But thanks for posting it anyways.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

thanks for the post...I was at the game and hadn't been able to see it since.
    tracy played one hell of a game...so did yao. we have a much better team now, this is the year.

as much as I love jeff, we also have a coach that won't require tracy and yao to tire themselves out for 48 minutes to win a game now. we should see a lot more easy baskets, which means they'll be ready when the game is on the line. no more missed offensive rebounds. :(

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Thanks for the vid Batkins.

I actually downloaded R2K's version of the whole game, since my directv blew and I missed the whole last quarter.

Blame the loss on Directv... if I would have been able to watch, we would have won!

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

the reaction to this is the reason why I didnt do one.

to the ones responding negatively,

can you imagine how painful it is to go thru the game again to do this?

cut the guy some slack

if you dont like the thought of a clip, why say so?
    just dont download and move on.

seems like some like to post whining posts to jack up the post counts.

as a final thought

Ive noticed that people who try to provide something for the board are gettting jumped on alot recently.

those responsible need to consider that if that keeps up, maybe the giving ones might move on somewhere else and this board would be the poorer for it.

food for thought

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

do u know how much we were down by? 16 pts. not 2 pts. not 7pts. not 10 pts. but basically a HUUUGE deficit in the biggest game of all the players. none of them stepped up for basically 3 quarters. and it took tracy to get us back into the game. so yes, i would like for another dude to step up and finish the game please.

and if ur gonna be skeptical, who the hell was supposed to get one of the 3 defensive rebounds??? who's the one that can't stop boozer for 1-2 times down the stretch?

we were not gonna guard ak47 regardless of what he does. if battier or tmac was on him, they were gonna give him a HUUUGE cushion. he just got hot at the wrong time. whoever guarded ak47 is a roamer to help out the defense.

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

5 STARS

16. OddsOn

OddsOn Member

thats because there were none... :rolleyes:

17. SmitingPurpleEm

Did I say Yao was not at fault? Yao agrees that he should have gotten the crucial rebounds, and I'm sure he would have liked to contain Boozer more effectively. That said, McGrady is at fault as well, something certain posters seem to forget.

If Yao gave Boozer some space to guard Boozer's drive, and Boozer hits the jumper, whose fault is it? It's Yao's fault. "I didn't think he'd hit the jumper so I backed up" is NOT a good way to play defense. AK was McGrady's assignment, McGrady left him wide open (not even off a penetration or anything, Williams was simply bringing the ball up and passed it to AK on the wing), AK hit the shot that ties the game. Who else to blame for that but McGrady?

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

have u seen any of our defense on ak47? boozer is different. he's a great offensive player. ak47 was a scrub in that series. JVG's strategy was to sag off of him to help on the cutters, who KILLED us. did u not remember game 6 either? we played sag defense on ak47 also.

hell, watch every game. after game 1, we basically gave ak47 a pass to the basket if he wanted to. whoever guarded him gave him the lebron treatment like bruce bowen did -> 5 ft of space.

i didn't blame yao in that post. it was a sarcastic response to your saying tracy should have finished it so it was his fault.

tracy did everything to give us a 5 pt lead so really a 21-pt swing. w/ 5 minutes left, it's not much to ask to have yao take over? to have luther take over? to have battier take over here and there?

i'm just saying. one man can't do it all.

19. batkins

batkins Member

I think R2K said it best. I thought I was doing something nice for you all, and then I get bashed for it.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

I think people are unnecessarily testy lately... I blame it on the hot weather. :cool:

Just ignore the whiners and know that any work people submit here is welcome and appreciated by most of us ;)