1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Viewing Party - Turn Negative to Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Here ya go

[​IMG]

http://www.dave2000.net/rocketsviewingparty04/

Again, a great time. My friend and I caught a shirt, i was in the contest where I had to standup from my belly to answer a question, and answer that Hakeem is the All-Time Leading Scorer of the Rockets, in which I got a Clutch Bobble Belly. Then I got a Yao Growth chart for having my Rockets keychain. Subatomic, were u sitting at the table with Michael (r-fan-since-81)? Major props to Stack24 and hope he had a good night of business. Hope to see yall tommorrow at B.U.S.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Everyone,

Just got home. Thanks to everyone for coming out to viewing party. I am so glad that the BBS members were able to come out and represent. I was really happy to meet everyone that i did tonight. I hope that everyone was happy with the service they got here and really hope that you guys will come out for some of the playoff games. I will surely run some specials for the playoffs.

Clutch im not sure if you came out or not becuase i didn't get a chance to meet you if you did but you should be recieving my contirbution to the tip jar which should be good since everyone came out to support the event.

Once again hoped everyone had a great time and i will be holding some more viewing parties for the playoffs when they roll around.

GO ROCKETS.

Khalil

3. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Stack,

Nice meeting you and I appreciate the service my friends and I received from your waitress Jessica. Your place was a great environment to watch a game, but I was too busy drinking to notice the score of the game. Hopefully you had a good night at the register and I appreciate the 25% discount on food and the $2 domestic pitchers. Post when the next Rockets event will be and I am sure that my friends and I will be there.

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

That was awesome last night Stack. Too bad we couldn't pull out the win though.
    It was cool meeting CC and his wife (or CC and her husband, not sure who's nick it is :p), R-Fan-Since-81, and I already sorta knew Dskillz. I can't remember any other names :p, sorry.
    I got myself a Rockets cap last night along with an autographed Power Dancers calendar.
    "Cuttino Mobley, Rhode Island"
    :)
    It's good to know a lot of useless trivia.

If my computer hadn't crapped out on me last night I would have my pictures up already. I dunno how long it'd take now, I may have to take the camera to a friends house to upload the pics. For those of you wondering, I was the hispanic dude in the front in the red Rockets Tshirt who was ogling the Power Dancers all night ;).
    Leandra is my fav. :cool:

5. sicnarf3

sicnarf3 Member

Dave,

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like you all had a blast. The loss couldn't be as bad if you're partying with the Power Dancers.

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Great night last night, I invited some of my friends and they had a blast as well. I definitely will be coming back to the bar. I always assumed everything downtown was totally expensive, but I had a good time, drank a ton of beers and ate some pizza for about 20 bucks. Great place Stack!!! That was the closest I had ever been to the Power Dancers and they are some lovely women. Very pretty and nice to everyone.

It was cool meeting CC and his wife, they won about 35436 prizes lol. R-Fan-Since-81, Miguel and I shared a Pizza. Really had a good time last night. Will be back for the playoffs definitely and I will come down for some Astros games too.

7. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I had a great time last night. Thanks Stack for coming up with this idea. That was my first visit to LIVE. You have a great place and we will enjoy coming to view the playoff games(ROAD) this year.

Thanks again

8. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

me n my boyz showed up, too bad we got there kinda late......the party wuz bumpin though.....wish i coulda met ya stack, maybe next time......

them pizzas were damn good, def. get one!

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good time last night. I killed on the "most consecutive home wins in a row" question! :D

#169 Rocketman95, Apr 2, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  10. kgw

kgw Member

I had a great time last night! It was great to hang
    out with the BBS crew, meet a Power Dancer or two,
    and yell for (at?) the Rockets (despite the final
    result).

We should do this again sometime!

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Hey Stack,

Thanks for hosting an awesome viewing party! Too bad we didn't win the game but at least I had some good food and beer. I saw you walk by us once and wanted to thank you in person but couldn't get your attention - maybe due to all the Powerdancers in the house.

I'm trying to convince my company to host another get together at your place (you'll recall we did our 2003 X-Mas party there) or at least a happy hour in the near future.

Thanks again and can't wait for the next event!!

12. Stack24

No Problem, sorry if i didn't notice you.

Well i definently would love to have everyone come back during the rest of the games for the regular season as well as the playoffs for sure. I guess i will post it here so we can get some of us back together again.

Most of the games though should fall under normal happy hour times so you can still get the $2 drinks while watching the games. Also monday - wed we have food specials to add to the fun.

Hope to see some of you guys again.

13. Stack24

Okay everyone. Just wanted to keep you up to date with the ending of the rockets viewing party. As i stated before i was going to donate 10% of my sales to ClutchFans, which i am going to do this week.

Just to thank everyone that came out and supported the whole thing and in result helped out the clutch bbs. We were able to raise $250 to be sent over to clutch from the event during the rockets game.

Haven't heard any word from clutch from the begining of this event, but i hope that this contribution from not only me but from everyone can help out the board get better and better.

Thanks and i hope to have more of these events during the playoff games which i should post soon.

Khalil

14. Dave2000

Sweet, thanks again for the great time. We just need to win next time.

Was anybody at B.U.S last night? Saw CC again, and we wrecked the prizes :). Got a Francis SMITI, tshirt, and Jim Jackson Duck.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

:D :D :D

I knew I was going to hear it from you!

16. Stack24

too bad you didn't show...punk

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

were you one number off the answer? I thought the question was most consecutive home wins this season, so I wrote down 4.
    I blame it on the beer. :)

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Rockets Viewing Party - April 1st, 2004
    Live Sports Cafe - 407 Main Street.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :p
    Me and Dskillz sitting at a table (with r-fan-since-81 and CC and his wife sitting at the same table)

I have more pics I need to upload, but for now this should serve you guys well.

Oh, I also have pics of the rest of the place...but I figured you guys weren't interested in those. :cool:

AND NOW....For your viewing pleasure....THE HOUSTON ROCKETS POWER DANCERS.
    http://miguel.pzoned.net/powerdancers.avi

19. Dave2000

20. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

Dave, sometimes I wonder if you really are a Rocket fan or just a Powerdancer stalker :p

Anyway, I think I saw you at today's game.. section 418, i think? I sat a few rows above yours.. I was one of the loudmouths screaming... "Webbbbbbbbbber... SUCKS" and such