1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Viewing Party - Turn Negative to Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The great thing is that it started on this board as a thing i wanted to do for Clutch BBS members and now the rockets actually came in and wanted to do it along side us.

Great.

Don't forget to bring in the printed thread so i can go ahead and make sure you guys get your discount.

Khalil

2. rocks4life

rocks4life Contributing Member

Can one of my friend and I come!!!

3. Stack24

Everyone is welcome to come.

Also i said i would get back to you on it. I will go ahead and extend the Domestic Draft Special which is $2 Pints for the duration of the game for everyone.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

man!

that is outstanding...:D:D

congrats....You know who the major props has got to go to for this dont you?

VPTim reads here all the time...and this has his markings all over it....Great Idea Tim....kinda recognize the site by makeing one of our little shindigs a "official" one...that is FANtastic.;)

Sorry to say that work obligations will keep me away...but I really hope to make it to the next one.
    Big props to you Stack for getting the ball rolling on this...

5. Stack24

Thanks for the support on everything. I hope everyone will come or at least try. I guess the idea that came to me out of boredum and wanting to meet everyone got me going on this and now a month later it's an official party.

Hopefully i can continue this through the playoffs and always give back to the message board that i come to everyday.

If i have the support from everyone here then i will continue to do viewing parties whenever you want or even think about making some kind of discount card for members that want it.

Who knows...just would like to get as much feedback as i can.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

looking forward to seeing you stack, amazing how effective this website is when it can get the rockets organization themselves to be officially involved.

7. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

ok stack -I'm in -

Will drive in from Austin on Thursday, and bring Girlfriend - she's been sitting through games with me all season - ( now knows the difference between a touchdown and a 3 pointer!!!)

Look forward to putting faces with names

Boz

8. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

Hey - how about badges with our CC names?

9. Stack24

I think i will go ahead and get some and put them by the front door with a sign or something so anyone who wants to go ahead and let people know who they are they can.

10. Uncle_Tim

Uncle_Tim Member

I can't wait! I'll definitely be there with my posse. I think the name tags are a great idea. I'll be there and donate some of my cat hides.

11. amed

amed Contributing Member

Yo This party keeps getting better and better. I'm definetly gonna be there casue it sounds like its gonna be off da hook. The name tags do sound like a good idea.

12. Tyree

Tyree Member

with your posse?? hahah thats hilarious that someone actually posts that..

13. Tyree

Tyree Member

man sure wish i could come...will be in austin for a big weekend here...have fun everyone

14. Uncle_Tim

Uncle_Tim Member

Hells yeah foo. We be makin' the 1400 mile trip! Me and mah posse. Anyone care to buy some cat hides?

15. Stack24

Hey guys just wanted to say that if you can try and get there a bit early so you can get some seating for the game. Now that the thing is posted on the Rockets website we will surely get more fans in there which is great, but at the same time i intended this party to be for Clutch members so i want to take care of them first and fore most so please get there a bit earlier so i can make sure you guys have fun.

Thanks

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

AWW Dam! I was lucky enough to win a Rockets Road Trip to L.A. to see the Rockets play the Lakers on April 1st at halftime agaisnt the Grizzlies earlier in the year, and now that someone finally comes up with a great idea for the Clutch BBS members to meet, and a way to raise money for the BBs I can't attend! I was getting so excited reading the post until I saw when it was going to be. Well thank you Stack, this is a great idea and a great gesture towards this site.

Pugs

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

We should get a special VIP section ;) Front row, first dibs on power dancers. :cool: Anyway though, I'll be there. I'm kinda borderline on getting my new Yao jersey though, I lost my BankOne card :mad:

18. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I'll be there for sure. I am going to bring my digicam for some shots of the happenings. I will try to get there early. Sounds like a good time for all. How much is parking around those parts?

19. Tim

Tim Member

We were actually planning a viewing party for that night at a different location, but when this one picked up steam, we figured it made sense to pool resources and have one great event.

It never makes sense to compete against something that fans have organized themselves. We're happy to just be a part of it.

Plus, we've held events at Live before, and they're practically our neighbor at the Toyota Center. Supporting other downtown businesses is great for all of us.

Tim

20. Stack24

Thanks for your support Tim.

Im not sure if i have met you before but maybe you will swing by the viewing party. I know a few of the people down there at the Rockets organization that i dealt with last year and this year as well and they have been nothing less then the best when it came down to everything. Im looking forward to the event.