1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Viewing Party - Turn Negative to Positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It may be long but it's worth reading!

Okay guys this is something i have been thinking about for a long time and i finally looked at the schedule and i want to do something about it. There has been so much negative stuff going on during this season and on the boards cause everyone is frustrated. So i want to bring any kind of positive to this board and to all Rockets fans out there. Not only that i want to be able to help Clutch out in my own little way.

Some of you might know that i own a Sports bar in Downtown Houston called Live Sports Cafe. I want to host a special Rockets viewing party for all the Clutch BBS members here at my place and give something back to everyone.

I have decided to put the viewing party on April 1st which we play the LA Lakers on TNT at 9:30. Depending on the outcome of Wed. Game we could be possibly going for a sweep of the Lakers and it's an overall good match up and we should be fighting for playoff positions during that time. Here comes the good stuff.

I would really like everyone to show your support and head out here.

1. Everyone that prints out at least my thread to show you are part of the Clutch City BBS will get 15% off your meal here during that Rockets Viewing party.

2. I will donate 10% of all the sales from the time the Rockets Game goes on till the end personally to the Clutch TipJar.

3. We normally have Happy Hour from 2 - p with 2 Dom. Drafts i am probably going to extend that for the whole game so everyone can get cheap drinks as well. I will get back on that.

I would really like everyone to kind of say whether they are going to come or not on the BBS or even email me at khalil@houston.rr.com or khalil@livesportscafe.com so i can get a decent head count so i make sure i have enough staff for the event to take care of everyone.

Clutch i contacted you a few times i was never able to get a response so i hope you are okay with my posting of this on the BBS. I want to make a contribution to a site i really enjoy and take pride in coming to so hopefully this is okay with you and the rest of the seniors here.

Lets just get together have a good night watch the Rockets kick the hell out of the Lakers and have a good time and do good for something we all like which is the Clutchfans website.

Thanks for everyones time. Hopefully if this goes well i will do more and more for the Clutch members as far as viewing parties, so if there are other games let me know. Hopefully the Playoffs will be upon us and we can watch them here and make money for ClutchFans.com.

Info:
    Live Sports Cafe
    April 1, 2004 against the Lakers on TNT at 9:30
    407 main Street
    Houston, TX 77002
    713-228-5483

www.livesportscafe.com

Thanks again everyone.

malakas, hakeem94 and Htownballer38 like this.
  2. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

awesome!

Thanks alot!

J

3. Stack24

I'm sorry but i forgot to say this....Please keep this thread alive becuase it's almost a month away and i want everyone to show up if they can or at least know about it. Thank you again everyone.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

freaking awesome man! I'm in if we can get a crowd, and I bet we will!! :)

5. coma

coma Contributing Member

Cool, I've been to LSC a couple of times, and there are a good amount of good looking women there.

Are you always there? I'll ask for you next time. Count me in for that game, btw.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I've been planning on going over there to watch a game or two. I'll be in before then.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Awsome idea Stack, sounds like a lot of fun.

9. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

Count me in.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

How can you go wrong with this deal! Stack24, I got to say it man! That's pretty awesome putting that 10% on the clutch tipjar.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it sounds like a win/win situation. Clutch fans will get a discount on their meal, can watch the game together and Clutch gets a tipjar boost.

If the Rockets win then it will be a win/win/win situation.

I wish I would be in Houston then to go.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

This could turn into the meanest April Fools joke ever. :p

13. Man

Man Contributing Member

Age requirements?

Nice idea...I hope it goes well!

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL. That just poped into my mind too! :eek:

15. Stack24

Guarantee it is not a Joke lol....I was thinking about that when i was posting that most people would think that.

16. Stack24

no age limit.....it's a sports bar restaurant as long as your with guardians not a problem.

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

mmmm maybe Clutch is Stack and wants to go live for his Aprils Fools gig this year

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I would definetly be there if I can make it. Thinks are a quite busy right now, but if I get a chance I would drive down to Houston to join yall.

19. Stack24

LOL....another good one....

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

does it matter if it is an april fool? it is a sports bar. go over there and watch the game on TV. that won't be a fool for sure. whether you get a discount, i dunno. you will know by that time if you are there. it just like someone questioned if rox will be in playoff. we will see by the end of the regular season.