1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets updates 2023 cap...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

For the record, i have no problem criticizing TF. That being said, you need to do so with specifics. So far he has had the golden touch outside of moving Paul at Harden's request.

Look at the players he dumped or let walk... who did ANYTHING in the league after leaving Houston?

Trevor Ariza
    Ryan Anderson
    Luc Mbah A Moute
    Austin Rivers
    Ken Faried
    Jeff Green
    Gerald Green
    Demarcus Cousins
    James Ennis
    Nene

You could argue Deanthony Melton was a good role player for 1 to 2 years but he was the asset used to get rid of Anderson.

Carmelo did some things after but mainly as a backup. Hartenstein bounced around some but may come back for all we know.

I like Capela, but he's replaceable... ATL is kicking tires on Gobert and Ayton...

They traded Harden and his play / trade value took a dive. They moved Tucker for a first. They moved Covington for two firsts.

They are doing well moving guys at the right times... maybe Wood/Gordon are exceptions. We'll see...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's not irrational if most of your sample size data (30 NBA teams) is avoiding the luxury tax. Based on data from previous years, the average number of teams that pay the luxury tax is around 5-6 teams, which makes up about 19% of the entire league. So yea, based on pure math, I can say that the odds of Fertitta paying the luxury tax is less than him avoiding it altogether.

There's been a $20-$30 million difference between the cap space and luxury tax space over the past few years and it's not unreasonable to see Tilman using that space.

3. Landry's Tooth

I bet all of those 5 or 6 teams are contending; which is where we would be when the time comes or we're not keep guys around on extensions because they are busts...

4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Missing Josh Christopher.

5. Landry's Tooth

Wow... my bad... thanks for catching... will revise but shouldn't be more than 5 million or so difference...

AB83Rules likes this.