1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Raz

Raz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Traveling to Stuttgart, please hit me with some questions!</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/316638530384318464">March 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

WTF is Daryl doing in my hometown? I mean, there are two basketball clubs in the region, but neither of them has any talent he should be looking for.

Maybe he's getting a new Mercedes Benz or Porsche.

2. jocar

jocar Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">dmorey</a> Why's Mrs.Mckale moan "Ooooh! Bang me.Bang!" when we make love? She want me 2 go harder or she's fantasizing about @<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a>?</p>&mdash; KEVlN MCKALE (@KevinMckale) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinMckale/status/317027732015955969">March 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Why would you post that? It's obviously from a troll account and not even funny.

4. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

cause it's probably his account and he tweeted that

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think its a great thing to do, not have foul-outs. ESPECIALLY in the PLAYOFFS. Paying big money to see Lebron pick up 3 early fouls and he has to sit on the bench all game, thats a waste. Keep the main players on the court.

Shorter games would help alleviate SOME of the brutal scheduling. And with no foul-outs added it'd be 1-2 less players on the roster you'd have to pay for, why need all that depth when players never come out the game. (It'd be less ads money of course for the league)

I think the international goal tend rule would be bad for the league though with NBA athletes.

6. rokit

rokit Member

shots fired!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Eph 3:20 -- To him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/317356631488864256">March 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe they should have no foul outs but escalating penalties. Like if its a players 5th foul and above its 2 free throws and the ball.

This would also eliminate the hack-a-whomever strategy to a degree.

8. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

When he's feeling down, he usually quotes a verse in the bible. :(

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

At least he knows whats more important than basketball.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Morey said a player not on the Rockets is the smartest player he knows? Way to throw the team under the bus ;)

jk

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Faith is the root of what's allowed him to continue playing.

12. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chris took @<a href="https://twitter.com/yaoming">yaoming</a>'s jersey into space last time he went up on the shuttle. This time he will be 6 months in space on Intl Space Station</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/317374891173220352">March 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

That's pretty cool.

13. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

What the hell does that mean

14. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Blah blah blah get in the gym and work on that jumper. God never fixed anything for JLin. He did it all himself.

15. rokit

rokit Member

pretty sure it means he can do a lot more than the coaches realize...ahh, all that drama that could have been avoided if Lowry subliminal dissed McHale through Bible verses. :p

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Why you gotta hate on a man's faith?

17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

So are you saying he's projecting hate through bible verses?

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

So are you saying a Christian should be submissive?

19. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

No I never said that, but the other poster specifically said that Lin used the bible verse to subliminally diss McHale. I have to admit that I'm not very religious but I find that hard to believe any true Christian would do that.

20. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

For Christians, the keyword is to replace 'him' with 'God'.
    For trolls, replace 'him' with McHale. :) for Lin to think McHale is God

My interpretation is although Lin doesn't know what else to ask or think regarding the situation (6pts with only 21min/gm in the last 3 games after averaging 21pts with 34min/gm in the previous 3 games), he simply chooses to trust his God that things will get better as long as he uses all the power at work within himself.

Very positive way of breaking through a little slump and a short leash from coaches, I would say.

Surely it's better than Sprewell's chokehold on PJ and Lowry's almost physical blow-up with McHale.