1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to trade Beverley, Ariza, and McDaniels away?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD88

JD88 Member

Minus the fact that Nerlens is always near the tops of the lists for steals and blocks Capela shot 36% from the FT line, they are essentially the same.

That and Nerlens DWS is 3x what Capela's is, plus his DBPM is 2x as high.

Nerelns doesn't just block shots, he challenges everything. He allowed 48.6% shooting at the rim. Anthony Davis allowed 47.7%.

1 person likes this.
  2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I hope we keep Beverley, but Ariza and McDaniels can go

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Ariza was a below average defender last year and was the main reason the Rockets perimeter defense was the worst in the league last year.

I have a harder time giving up on Beverley though. He wasn't spectacular on defense but always played with a lot of effort.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not just sign Biyombo or Noah for less than max? Noel is younger but not necessarily better (never mind fit) than either Noah or Biyombo.

Use Ariza/Bev/KJ to trade for a better player/lottery pick.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My guess for the reason Morey is trading for Noel is to clear cap space and use Noel to trade him for a draft pick. But I would not mind having him though. But I want James Harden as our starting point guard, not shooting guard. We need a defensive and decent shooting guard next to the beard.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Some guy on twitter responded to the first tweet suggesting ariza for 23. Rockets Insider said if the Rockets want to clear cap space, this works. It's not a good trade but for more cap space, you could do it

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So DMO's injury came as a surprise and heavily affected his value which at one point the Rockets decided to give him up for a mid first round pick.

And then Noel is a proven injured player which the team drafted him also gave him up in draft night and he did not have any stand out seasons so far in a shltty team, and somehow you actually believe he will get a max of the max offer?

Sounds logical to me.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clear cap space? They have 45 FORTY-FIVE MILLION in cap space.

Who are they clearing cap space for? Jared Dudley? Ryan Anderson? Harrison Barnes?

9. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

capela's PER was higher than Noel and Capela was a backup.

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'd die laughing if we immediately let go of our four best defenders from a bad defensive team.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The folders above this folder have nothing but junk files.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

He He

Original

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Punching at the Restart button, me ok wit dat.

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

James is too lazy to fight through screens on sgs who are generally slower than pgs, theres no way he could keep up with a pg. If you want to put a sg next to him that is quick and can cover pgs fighting through screens, be my guest but the answer is not to run Harden as the pg.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Would gladly take Noel for Ariza. I'd prefer to keep Bev though.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

They better be including the throw in corpse of Brewer. If we can clear the books of the other pieces and bring in something like Bledsoe or otherwise to replace them then talking with the FAs doesn't look so far fetched knowing that two pieces are in place with the ability to easily add two more and then fillers who want to play for the team. We failed to materialize the assets of Parsons, DMo, and Howard. We knew we could get something for them and we knew at some point they weren't going to be here. With all of the foresight that went into putting this team together with hoarding assets why did we become so consistently shortsighted?

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even for these 3 names, none of them seems to be excited about the opportunity to play with the current coach and superstar in this team now.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Noel also played with Sixers...you know how other teams played against them...

[​IMG]

Just saying...i'd still take him, no question, but it's not like we are talking about a future all star caliber player.

19. JD88

JD88 Member

Capela did nothing but rebound. Nerlens does that. Nerlens will do that really well on a better team.

20. malakas

malakas Member

A proven injured player? So..once you are injured when you are 19 4 years ago you always remain injured? No matter than in the meantime you have actually PROVEN over years that you are fully recovered and healthy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.