1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to trade Beverley, Ariza, and McDaniels away?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Basically a younger Dwight with less upper body strength, but probably not on track for back problems

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Us fans tend to want to quantify what we think a player is worth.

A player who puts up these types of stats and has major upside is worth at least 20 million these days. Maybe 5-10 years ago they were worth 10-15 million.

This isn't the case anymore.

If the Rockets can shed Ariza, and Bev for one year of this guy while we go out and sign two max FA. Who's to say he doesn't blossom into a superstar? Do we hold his bird rights? Can we go over the cap?

These are the questions that would have to be answered.

3. malakas

malakas Member

damn. Sorry I thought it was still 25 hadn't been updated with the last months new projection.

I think only 2 will get the full max from 2013 class esp if that's high.
    But Noel can pretty easilly get 22 per.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Why would Philly ever do the deal the tweet proposed? Makes no sense. Noel actually has value.

5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I like noel but why not try for okafor lol

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Seems like a lot to gift up for something we already have (ie Capela) . Unless we plan to tank.. I don't think it's a good trade.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Don't forget the D'antoni/Colangelo connection

8. malakas

malakas Member

Superstar? I can tell you right now that Nerlens Noel will never be a superstar.

What kind of superstar can never create his shot, do anything with the ball have no post game and not be a dominant rebounder?

And Nerlens will get paid around what the max FAs from this year will. Around what Horford, DD, Conley and Durant will get this year.

9. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I'm fine with it. I'm all about getting younger, faster, and more explosive. Maybe time to move on from the past few years experiment and reload the roster. Build around Harden Noel

10. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

harden is bolting when he a free agent

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Not going to work. He will be a RFA. Teams can sign him to an offer sheet and bypass the Rockets. We will be a terrible position to either match (overpay) or lose him for nothing. No need to offer any assets for him.

Restricted free agents have value when they are traded (like Noel is right now) before the last year of their contract, and only if the team receiving that player intends on keeping him at his likely contract price after the season.

Besides, Noel has basically peaked. If you think he'll get better defensively, you are basically protecting him as Rodman/Wallace. His offense game is basically going to be career garbage man, Dwight Howard level.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

Ariza is terrible.

13. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Not necessarily. If we build a team starting this year that is taking steps towards a ring, he won't. if maintain the same and are mediocre then yes

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets will have to do more in order to have a chance, but other teams can offer Philly a better deal.

15. Sanity2disChaos

I was thinking the same thing....Ariza and Bev is enough and might be too much unless they throw in a pick with Noel.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

You can still trade him at the deadline or before the draft, if a team is high on him they would prefer to have the power to match.

Anyway i kinda agree on his skills, i actually think Capela may have more upside.

17. malakas

malakas Member

The 2013 draft class is actually the worst for teams.
    Because it will be the most peak of the cap but it will be the first year it peaks that much.(the next year it will remain the same). So things won't have normalise.
    It puts teams in a very tough position.
    Especially for someone like Noel that is a C. You know with all that $ available some team is going to go for it and offer him too much.
    While by the year after that since the cap won't rise anymore there won't be 30 teams with 20 mllions at least each to spend around.

18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

What do we need Ariza for when we have the Greyhound?

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Indeed. I was under the impression that the 76ers had decided to move Okafor and keep Noel. In fact I've been secretly hoping that Morey would make a pitch for Okafor. Oh well, the Rockets appear to be mired deep within Murphy's-land.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.