1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We got some more thug for the playoffs ;)

2. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Lol @ anybody saying Marquese Chris doesn't fit this offense.

He fits it very well. Just gotta get the kid to play consistently.

GotGame15, Tfor3, Richie_Rich and 8 others like this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude’s acting like Melton was bound for glory...most overhyped low 2nd round pick I’ve seen in a minute

5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Wouldn't say this is an insanely good trade for Houston but it's pretty darn good. Chriss will play his natural position at backup center where he's an immature but insanely talented player with giant upside with the right environment around him and especially with two elite passers. He's a poor 3pt shooter but those %s should increase here.

Knight is coming off a missed season and a bad ACL injury but his upside is a mediocre starting NBA point guard if healthy, and a real solid backup PG. Both these guys can definitely crack the rotation, and if they don't it means we have a really good, healthy team.

6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Ariza gets bought out and comes back in feb.

jch1911, IvanLCPM, BigMaloe and 8 others like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Darnell Moorie just rolled that sum b**** up the mountain and pushed it over the edge!

[​IMG]

Darnell, for this move alone, deserves Executive of the Year.

8. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Just like everyone else, I hate losing Melton but getting rid of Anderson is worth it. I hope Knight can come back and be the scorer that he was in 2016. Chriss is only 21? Maybe we can develop with cp and harden.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Y'all that upset about Melton lol?? We just got rid of 20 mil that couldn't be on the floor against the warriors for guys who can actually play. And without giving up picks. And without adding extra years of horrible cap killing cash (Batum). This is a steal. If Knight gives you 10pts a game it's a super steal. Chriss is 6'10 and can give capela a breather on those days when Nene doesn't play. He may not be all that good but he has NBA experience and is athletic. In Morey I trust.

Hui, jch1911, dcfma and 14 others like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

1. Morey just saved 6 mils for his boss.

2. If you only need to lose Nick Johnson to help you getting rid of Ryan Anderson, you do it in a heartbeat.

hakeem94, BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

12. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Knights contract isn’t as bad as Anderson’s was. Anderson was not going to be a part of this teams success in any fashion and was considered by many to be “unmovable” because of his contract. Brandon Knight at 14m is a MUCH better value than Ryan Anderson at 20m
    Marquese Chris’s gives us some athleticism and is a more than willing defensive player. He will flourish in this first year in a system with two of the greatest playmakers in the game. He has the ability to shoot the long ball and I think there will be a huge emphasis on developing his overall jump shot. I’ll be interested to see Chriss paired with Capela on the defensive side of the ball.

This is a good trade for the Rockets.

13. Bobby Jackson Rules

Though I also wish Melton were not traded, does whiners know that Chriss is only one year older than Melton? Beside the fact that we've unloaded 20m bench warmer, Chriss has shown much more and his potential cannot be that smaller that melton has.

14. mockster

mockster Member

Sad to see Melton go but I think these two guys set us up better for a win now mode

But I have high hopes for Knight tbh

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Thank goodness Melton impressed so much in summer league .

Before the draft this year , to get knight for Anderson would have probably cost us a first.

Chriss is definitely a throw in , but he's a throw in with upside . If you are althletic and can finish James / CP3 will make you look more than serviceable as a backup during the regular season i.e.; black , Harrell , and many others

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I like this trade, but I really, really do not like Chriss.

17. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

knight is terrible. coming off an acl tear, hasn't played since feb 2017. i hope we didn't get him to play. him and melo make our team worse. chriss is alright, young and maybe could develop but i think this move was mainly to shed 6 million in salary.

Little Bit and RudyTBag like this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

19. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Marquise Chriss reminds me of stromile swift. I like it.

BarkleyHater84 likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

TheRealAllpro likes this.