1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

This is a great trade. Ryan Anderson was unplayable versus the Warriors. We didn’t give up a future pick. Brandon Knight just needs to play 10-15 minutes a game in the playoffs and be CP3 insurance. Chriss has lots of rebounding and athletic ability that no one outside of Capela has for this team.

Melton will be a 10 year NBA player and nothing more. He’s not an All Star, and with Josh Jackson and Mikal Bridges already on the Suns he probably won’t get much playing time

LAM and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

That Morey...

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hmm, whatta Knight. Now can DM the GM flip BK's 'smaller' contract for Baze or JJ or or or Porter?

BMoney likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no official Anderson appreciation thread yet? I.D.I.O.T.

hakeem94 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nice trade. Morey moved Ryno when no one thought he could. Knight and Criss are both athletes who can function in this system.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Love this trade.

I was a big Melton fan, but I think we traded two guys who likely weren't going to be a factor for us this year for two guys who can contribute immediately.

If Chriss is not the back up center immediately I'd be surprised. Id also be surprised if there was not more to this trade.

I think this move also sets us up nicely if there is a good player that needs to be moved later on.

#407 xtruroyaltyx, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Vince Edwards + Michael Carter Williams will probably never play.

11. gogispade

gogispade Member

I like this trade but werent there reports that Morey doesnt want to include Melton in a trade with Atlanta for Bazemore? In that case i'd rather take Bazemore than Knight.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, you did my brother Apache, many months ago, because you have the 6th sense. Perhaps the dunk, that Ryan did on them was the clinching factor.

AroundTheWorld and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The weeping in here over losing Melton, who hasn't played a minute in the NBA, is exactly why he's in this trade. He might be a solid player. But there's a significant chance that his highest valuation is right now ("potential"). So Morey cashed that in. Your anguish is Ryan McDonough's excitement.

skroodup25, Hui, luckyman76 and 14 others like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, a most impressive dunk indeed.

Astrodome and saleem like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not as impressive as your intuition!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never say never. We got some injury prone PGs, 34 year old CP3 and relatively young and injury riddled Knight.

I think MCW will get limited minutes. He ain't that one or the other way.

18. ilias

ilias Member

Good trade.
    • Both Knight and Chriss can be part of the rotation. I see Chris getting Nene's minutes at backup C. He can be our Harrell replacement. He will thrive on drives and lobs. Plus, like Montrezl, he is great on the break. Knight will see some regular season minutes at point guard, and allow CP to be more fresh for the playoffs. Can't see Knight playing any meaningful minutes in the playoffs, we are well-covered at guard plus his weaknesses will be exploited by the better teams. There will be a knock-on effect on MCW, but competition never hurt anybody.
    • Both players are individually better trade assets than Anderson. Knight is $5m cheaper, so should be easier to flip, especially if he gets some early season court time and is fully healthy. Chriss is on a reasonable contract for his current contribution. We could still flip him before we have to pick up his option for next year, that option could be of interest to some teams. Unless he can be part of a bigger deal, I would like to keep him, he can be a very good bench player for us in the next 2 years. That would probably make at least one of Nene, Zhou, Hartelstein expendable. If he shines in the early season, would bring into play previously unattainable targets. We now have a young talented prospect that we can package with Gordon and picks for Butler.

Hui and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well we got Deshaun out of it so we clearly upgraded. It’s like Kevin Martin to James harden

20. Papa John

Papa John Member

So its-

1. Chris Paul
    2. James Harden
    3. Eric Gordon
    4. Carmelo Anthony
    5. Clint Capela
    6.. Tucker
    7. Ennis
    8. Green
    9. Knight
    10. Chriss
    11. Nene
    12. Zhou qi
    13. ??

Seems like still not all the way there. Not sure what. Its like this dish is missing salt..something.. And nene? If nene was joe johnson basically unplayable LAST year, im not sure how you address it this year.

My guess is morey is going to try to eek out wins by trotting out zhou qi chriss knight ennis to fill minutes. Showcase coast and rest cp3 melo harden as much as possible. I think we will be able to rag doll opponents by end of first quarter so lots of rest and showcasing. It might work. The concern is can the 1-8 in that list we see beat gs?

Hmm it will be close. Looking at that list. We still arent all the way there defensively. Morray is putting a lot of trust in ennis defensively. Not sure about all that?