1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Fantasma Negro

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the only thing, getting rid of Ryno and getting back a slightly (only slightly) more tradable 'asset'

I guess you could say it is 'in' to go get a player that has had a horrendous ACL tear a year ago.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem told you my brother I had a feeling the Suns would be our play for moving Anderson.

This is Awesome!! Go Rockets!!

luckyman76, mikol13 and BMoney like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better question, how many 3s is Ryan going make in Phoenix? Phoenix Rockets!

6. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

You've got to love 'sources'

Hui, luckyman76, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hey at least he has his pal Trevor to f**k with in PHX.

I think Chriss is an extremely solid coup for a run down overpaid stretch 4. If he can turn into a solid rotation player it makes up for the loss of Melton. I really really liked that dude.

Knight is meh. All offense no defense guard that's expiring. Can't he be flipped after Christmas or something.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

One of the two likes to that comment is from Chriss. This is going to be awkward...

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As someone else said, Chriss could be flipped for another veteran asset. There is some value.

Or let him take Zhou Qi's place.

#389 daywalker02, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Chriss is an athletic, long, defensive-minded big. He will have the added motivation and mentorship of a championship caliber team! I’m very excited Morey was able to land Chriss in this deal!!!
    Knight will have wide open shots and his percentage will be better given that he will be the 7th or 8th person that teams will have to gameplan for and focus on defensively! I absolutely love this trade!!!!

mikol13 likes this.
  11. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Go f*** yourself. Also, move to Phoenix while you’re at it!

12. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Phoenix is a great organization. No wonder they’ve been so successful lately. They’ve devoted $35 million in salary next year to aging Ariza/Ry-no skills. Lol hahahahahahahahaha

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Those expecting a fleecing were always going to be disappointed. It was either a future first or Melton. A few reasons why I like this deal:

First Rounder

We want to retain flexibility for a bigger trade at the deadline, ideally targeting a 3rd Star. If we flip a first now to get rid of Ryno and Melton struggles or doesn’t play to start 2018, then the first is going to have more value. Specifically: we know a first is going to have value moving forward.

Knight

Hard to say how he will bounce back from injury but he’s going to be a tremendous upgrade over Briante et al. Can reduce injury risk of our stars by taking on some key minutes without sacrificing all the talent. I love this pick up. Not only that, but say he regains form, we can either look to flip him later or maybe it gives us the option of flipping Ego.

Chriss

Our big depth is atrocious. This is exactly what we needed, and Houston is the perfect place for him to develop further. I don’t put much stock in his PHX time, bad guard play bad coaching etc. If he doesn’t work here he won’t work anywhere. Also, a serviceable big (Chriss) would be much more valuable than a serviceable guard (Melton).

I expect Knight to play, and I expect Chriss to get multiple shots. Overall I like the trade. Not enamored but we never were. However this sets us up well for now and later.

Hui, Artie_Fufkin, luckyman76 and 3 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Damn it we lost Melton

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

An irrelevant amount.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seriously .... you can’t put your name to that hot take?

Artie_Fufkin likes this.
  17. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

F*** the Jazz. Those assholes took a cheap shot on Chriss while he was in the air for a dunk. He did the right thing. Douchemond Green better watch out or his b****ass will be laid out!

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m not worried at all about Chriss’ bad attitude and immaturity on this team. Chris Paul, Harden, PJ Tucker, and Melo.... he will be put in his place quick on this team, and will have zero leverage with the coaches and front office.

I’m sure CP3 will pull him aside and say that look ... see that contract that Clint just got.... do as me and James say and we will make you a ton of money. Throw an attitude around and you’ll be in the D League or China by the end of the season. Now let’s go ball. I hope you like dunking.

ArtV, slothy420, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member