1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson is an awesome guy. It's not his fault that the NBA had a wackass salary cap his FA year. I wish him nothing but success. Mostly, I hope he's really happy.

2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Phx was a depressing team to be on as well, the last two seasons you could see the bench's attitude wasn't professional, can definitely see upside when you're leaving the Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Morey does it again. Turns a really bad contract into just a bad contract and the 2018 46th pick into the 2016 8th pick. While also spreading out the depth. Not bad.

I’m happy for Anderson. He gets to be a starter again.

#243 batkins, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    topfive, jch1911 and mikol13 like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Are fans down on Chriss because he suffers from Round Face Disease?

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

WOW! GTFO.. Morey you're a damn guru.
    As much as I liked Anderson, his time in Houston was truly up and his contract was almost untradeable (or so we thought).
    Anderson acted like a pro also non talking rubbish about Houston. Think he'll do well in Phx. Best of luck.

D-rock and dkoune like this.
  6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Harden going to have to humble the youngin tho

D-rock and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, this doesnt show me that he has a high IQ.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So Chriss is the prize for the Rockets in this trade?

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

naw i disagree i understand why we got him for a overpaid price. Harden rep that prior year was tarnish. For some reason he had the ball hog stereotype..i knew morey was gotta get guys to make harden look better. His assit that year he got Anderson shot up alot. Can someone confirm. I remember tell my bros..these moves where to rehabilitate harden image. Inthink a report had came out that people didnt wanna play with him after the year prior..media narrative

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who sees upside in Knight? Dude is just a Bobby Brown upgrade who u hope won’t have to play any meaningful minutes.

11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

As I see @The Cat has spoken on via twitter..... Brandon Knight could come in and get some decent playing time with the Rockets possibly experimenting with EG at the 3.

With Chriss.... if he gets a change in attitude with being in a new environment(winning does help some guys) and can be a rim running backup 5 then he will be very useful.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh hell nah...this fool gotta go

DonKnock and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Meh. This was in 2015 before he was drafted, he has probably been humbled by now if not. He will be...

In practice by the Bearded GOAT.

slothy420, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Hopefully Knight will come back healthy and in shape.

15. sage281

sage281 Member

Chriss is gonna play the 5 a lot.

16. Know Your Role

Truth. Zhou Qi has replaced Anderson, Ariza, and Luc M'bah Moute on the must get off this team as soon as possible list. Ariza = Hoax.

mike2k132 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey didn't sign Anderson to rehabilitate sh-t. Harden was always a willing passer even under McHale despite the bullsh-t narrative that Harden was a ball hog. Harden was averaging 7 assists a game under Mchale! Anderson was signed to get buckets not to boost Harden's image.

topfive and luckyman76 like this.
  18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yes, thank you! To my point exactly. He could be the next Stromile Swift for us or he could be something much more special, this is a lottery ticket worth scratching folks... Thanks PHX!

dkoune likes this.
  19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Knight can be very serviceable for the 2nd unit. He can help keep CP3 minutes to 30. I like this trade. Knight on the 2nd unit is by far one of the top experienced PG backing up an elite PG just like Gordon backing up Harden. If they gel look out. The young Chriss can help offset Melton in the youth on the roster and fills a need at power forward. I loved Meltons make-up but he was going to be minute blocked here behind MVP and 6th man of the league. Also Brandon is 26 years old. The Rockets need some young legs.

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Backup center I'd imagine.