1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Rafer for Kyle Lowry and Brian Cook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ahess99, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The more I think about this the more I like it. Rather than taking a risk on a guy like Baron Davis and his giant contract, we get a young guy making a fraction of what Davis makes that really brings a lot of the same things on the court. We're also looking great in the summer of 2010 with only 28 mill currently committed to the payroll that summer.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I can see how this is a good trade for the Magic. I can't see how this is good for the Rockets.

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

He probably has said the same thing to any number of his players at some point. That's just the way coach talk about his players. But, yes, I'm waiting to find that out myself.

4. lrstereo

lrstereo New Member

bad trade.
    this season will be wasted for sure.
    why rafer? why now????
    rockets kinda need player like rafer right now.

5. mrzhang

mrzhang Member

noting to say now,someone must be crasy,our raffer is gone,

6. Andychen

Andychen Member

I'm really going to miss him,honestly,I can't accept this trade.Who will pass Yao the better ball than him.

7. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Now you are comparing this guy to Baron Davis?!! SERIOUSLY!

8. devin23

devin23 Member

I'm undecided on this trade. i definitly wouldn't have minded this if it was the offseason. U can give him time to gel with the team. But this is more than half way through the season and the PG position is the most important position in the game. Rafer and the team had a chemistry going and then all of a sudden u take the floor general out and put a new one who never played with the team. U don't know how it will be. I am pretty sure Brook isn't the answer as a starter... At least not 30+ min, so I hope their minutes are at least split.

9. Yaozza

Yaozza Member

Lowry is a great pickup. Rafer Alston is still one of the elite PGs in the league. He played really well the last few games. You gotta give him his props. Now lets get rid of Tmybacknowitsmyknee and we're ALL GOOD!

10. Lowry_Fan

Lowry_Fan Member

I like Kyle Lowry but I don't like losing Alston, his leadership, veteran experience at the point, and all the chemistry we'll lose with him gone. He and Scola had some mad chemistry in the New Jersey game. We seem to like trading guys when they're playing well. Even last year Bonzi was playing well right before we traded him.

I never thought Alston would be traded before Luther Head.

Maybe not this year, but Lowry will start for us eventually. He'll be better than Brooks.

11. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

Damn it...then send Yao to Magic for Lewis.

12. PhilCollins

13. tharges

tharges Member

Anybody know who the other two players are that were mentioned? the initial trade was Lowry, Cook, and two fillers. Could Darius Miles be one?

Also with the money that was left could we not sign Sam Cassell?

14. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Funny, Yao as Howard's backup or Howard as Yao's backup?

15. Yaozza

Yaozza Member

Any chance of that happening is when pigs fly.

16. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

What???

This statement is very false.

17. PhilCollins

"I think we can all thank me-mac for giving up on this season forcing the rockets front office to give up as well and look to the future. Way to help out your home team Mcgrady!"

Above is a post from the Orlando forum . . . man I hate this deal!!!!!!!

18. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

great trade. alston was the guy i wanted packing for the longest time along with tracy of course... wanted these two gone even 2 years ago

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I didn't say he was as good as Baron. I said he brings a lot of the same things on the basketball court (i.e. can finish at the rim, drive and dish, etc...) We'll see how good he is for the Rockets when he gets on the floor, but I've got to say that at this point I like the move. It sure beats taking on Baron's 65 mill.

20. cuddie

cuddie Member

So Luther Head is still here? :( To be honest, that's who I was expecting to be traded and having Alston leave instead caught me completely off guard.