1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Rafer for Kyle Lowry and Brian Cook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ahess99, Feb 19, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

LOL at Mashburn.

He's the classic case of a guy that doesn't do his homework but is just on camera trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about. Kind of like Clyde is when he talks about current NBA players.

2. woodychen

woodychen New Member

is rafer giong to have any problems in the future physical check ? :p

3. fraggle

fraggle Member

questionable. we'll have to see how lowry pans out, but for now still seems like a questionable trade. skip was a solid pg, not the best, but okay. and he's been playing well as of late

4. HookemJJ

HookemJJ New Member

I would not call it a great trade, but for what we were trading, Rafer, I don't think you could expect anything more. He may be the single worst starting PG on any team that is in the playoffs right now, and maybe the worst starting PG in the NBA. This is a good trade and will benefit the Rockets. No way did the Magic get the best of this trade. NO WAY.

5. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

lmao, this is a sad day for the rockets organization.

6. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

it just seems like we are doing the magic a big favor by giving them our established point gaurd for an underachieving point gaurd and a brick man in Cook. the magics need for a PG shuld have enabled the rockets to get a better deal then they got that is for sure

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The only thing that can save this trade is if Aaron Brooks steps up and becomes a bonafide starting point guard. Otherwise, Daryl Morey made a mistake by making this trade. I'm shocked.

8. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Yep, Rockets gave magic an early christmas present.

9. alcatrazpsycho

Was this trade done for Aaron Brooks?
    Or do we actually intend Kyle Lowry to start?
    And Cook, is he just an expiring contract scrub? Or do we actually expect him to be in the rotation?

Thoughts?

I think this trade was done for Aaron Brooks.

10. cmv423

cmv423 New Member

wow i never would have expected for rafer to be traded...and to get a back up? doesn't make sense, damn good luck aaron

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Be aware of what you wish for!

I am happy for Alston. Magic is a great situation for him.

12. HookemJJ

HookemJJ New Member

Well, the "underachieving" PG is younger and the numbers are almost exactly the same. 3 ppg difference and 2 apg difference, on a MUCH worse team. Cook was a throw in and means nothing. I will say that there are at the very least 24 starting PGs better than Alston, so we really gave up nothing to get Lowry.

13. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

How many players are on the team now?

14. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

this just isn't a good trade. look at what the magic did. they traded a FUTURE 1st rounder and scrubs that don't play for rafer alston.

the least we could've done is get jj redick.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Memphis seems to think Lowry is worth no more than a late first round pick. Is Alston worth a late first rounder and scrubs? I think he's worth something more like a mid-first-rounder.

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well, let me ask you this, would you rather have rafer or lowery as your starting pg? I'm sure most teams will prefer rafer...
    that's why all the "analysts" feel like this trade benefit orlando more than the rockets.

17. Xiaohu

Xiaohu New Member

This trade totally sucked, why is Rafer? He did really good job recently, I don't think that any other guys would do better than him as a guard.
    Now I realize that be apart of sth big ,it's time, get red etc, all of these words are bull****, there'll never be the hope in Rockets, now I just want to say: thanks Rafer for bringing us so many good memorys and YAO, just go ,Do not stay in Rockets any more!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

AB0 is about to show the league why we drafted him...

i bet he puts up better numbers than alston... EASY.

and at this point... it's time to play the young guys. See what we have for next year...

19. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

I am happy if the trade was made from the beginning of the season. But not during the 2nd half.

20. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

well at least we wont confuse him with wafer anymore. ;)