1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow if this happens Rox are almost guaranteed to reach the WCF with the way the team has been playing. A traditional big is the only thing missing in the roster, sometimes you just need a big guy inside who can bully everyone and dunk the ball.

2. hakeemthagreat

I like the Tyson Chandler move if it happens. But we'd have the most injury prone team in the NBA. Tyson, Nene, Anderson, Gordon, not to mention Bev smh

3. King901

King901 Member

The Knicks say hello

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't see Chandler coming here due to the fact he is on the books thru 2019 at roughly $13mil a season at the current age of 34. He has been playing in the NBA since he was 19, tons of wear and tear. If he was the only missing piece, then maybe, but this team is full of question marks as constructed.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow if you can't have the common sense to actually see that in front of your eyes like everyone else then thats your problem lol it's exactly the same situation as your love for marcus thornton. I guess you're the type of person that loves chuckers that think they're better than what they really are in reality and contribute nothing to a winning culture. Atleast you're consistent with that I'll give you that. And no I'm no where near close to wrong here. The entire league agrees. Enjoy seeing him in an NBA uniform as long as you can cause he'll be out of it once again soon

#405 YOLO, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. hakeemthagreat

Same for you.I would assume knowing we're a middle of the pack team, with upper mid level injury prone talent, that common sense would tell you instant offense is exactly what we need off the bench. The problem with your "see for your eyes" comment is everything you described wrong about Beasley is stuff YOU CAN'T SEE lol. His so called "need to be the 1st option" mentality is something you made up in your head. Did he ever say this? What evidence do you have Beasley feels like this? You could apply that to ANY of the instant offense guys in the league (JR Smith, Jamal Crawford, Patty Mills etc). In his little time here he played great and provided a much needed boost when Harden sat. That's what a scorer's is supposed to do off the bench. Who exactly do we have off the bench that can provide instant offense besides a VERY injury prone Eric Gordon? Every elite team in the west has guys that can light it up coming off the bench. I'm not sure you understand how deep the West is

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're talking about this instant offense need. Have you seen how many points this team has been scoring without your instant offense guy haha. It's not exactly screaming for a beasley is it. I wonder why? You keep questioning what it is about him that makes people see this. It's been explained numerous times but you're not comprehending it. I wonder why so many others and the entire league sees this besides you. Again while you're busy trying to call other people wrong it's your own opinion that needs to be checked. try being objective sometimes it helps.

roslolian likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Yea we're getting nowhere. I'm taking what I saw last year and applying it with Beasley's current skillset vs possible road bumps we'll see later in the regular season (injuries, slumps etc..). You're making this about Beasley PERSONALLY, as if he's still a chemistry killer. No matter how much some players grow & mature, some fans will constantly harp on who they were 5-10 years ago. Nothing last year indicated to me Beasley was a problem. He came in and did exactly what was asked of him and more. You bringing up what ppl see in Beasley "around the league" is irrelevant being he's only been back half a season since playing in China. You're still basing your assessment on Beasley off when be came in the league, which imo is a lazy assessment. Based off last year, he's still got tons of talent and was the best PF outta all the PF's we had (DMo, TJones, Smith etc..). He's a scorer in a league where scoring is needed. What era are you living in?

Just because we score a lot in the preseason doesn't mean things will play out like that in the season. Plus if you really watched the preseason games, you'd see most the scoring has been done with out starting unit. We have absolutely no pure scorers coming off the bench besides Gordon, and he'll probably start due to Bev's injury. Who do you assume is going to be our scorer off the bench?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah we aren't. you'll just have to wait and see with your own eyes how the rockets offensively will score 110 pts every night but you'll still be on this issue of needing a chucker like beasley. best PF out of 1 guy who isn't even on a team in smith, 1 guy who is about to head overseas, and 1 guy who signed for the absolute minimum. hmm not much to be impressed with there

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

As instant offense as he was, as good as he was getting his own shot, statistically, the other teams offense outscored us by a good margin when he was on the floor. While stats sometimes lie, if he truly was as bad a black hole on defense as many suggest, then perhaps we are better off without him. As things are, and has been pointed out, we dont seem to have trouble scoring in the least bit in preseason. Time will tell if the regular season changes this. I do know that if we sustain injuries and/or the offense flattens out, some will be wishing we still had this guy.

11. hakeemthagreat

The biggest "chucker" in the league JR Smith just got a nice contract with Cleveland, the team he helped win the championship last year. But ofcourse, according to Yolo, theres no place in the NBA for guys like that.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope never said that. if you looked at previous posts recently and Jamal crawford came up who also is another chucker, we discussed how smart he was throughout his career with his decisions. you're welcome to go look for yourself but that calls for being objective. You can't say the same thing about Beasley. JR Smith another chucker yup. What was he before he got to cleveland. Just another player collecting checks who didn't care for winning. I guess you didn't know he opted out 2 years ago thinking he would get tons of contract offers and $. well that quickly backfired as he got absolutely nothing. I wonder why.

13. hakeemthagreat

Lmao. Again, your criticism is all speculative and based on your OWN personal perception of these guys (I also said this in my previous posts about you, which you can also feel free to scroll up and read again). The real reason these "score first" guys succeeded is because they found a team that utilized their skillset. JR Smith playing with LBJ is great because LBJ is a willing passer. Crawford plays with CP3 who will hit open shooters every time. James Harden is also a willing passer. But again, I'm talking basketball here. You're talking speculative nonsense. Nothing from last season suggested Beasley's scoring mentality hurt the team. We actually welcomed it given he could get his own shot off

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can call my own opinion what you want. its the same exact thing you're doing. but everything supports what myself and the majority of people are saying compared to what you believe. that's the difference. That and you're still not completely comprehending the points being presented. objectivity is the key. once again try it. btw crawford primarily spends time on the floor without cp3 but of course you wouldn't know that.

15. hakeemthagreat

The majority of ppl here were pleased with Beasley last year lol. Not sure where you're getting this from. I'm comprehending everything your saying, Beasley is a "chucker" and we don't need his scoring since we already score a lot of points in the preseason (in the preseason smh). Cleveland just paid their "chucker" 57 million to chuck 4 more years for them. Josh Smith was seen as a "chucker" and ended up saving our season in the playoffs against the LAC. According to you, Vernon Maxwell would be a "chucker" too lol.

Case in point, if guys have the ability to score do NOT trade them for scrubs like Ennis. Thanks

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

fast forward to today. doesn't look like they were. Majority of people were pleased with Brewer the year he came here in a trade. Look at him now lol.

17. hakeemthagreat

Wouldn't that be because Brewer, um played decently his 1st year here? Beasley played better than Brewer last year

18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

You have to think about how many minutes those guys were getting in their respective teams. Gordon was their go to go in NO, NENE was relied on heavily in WASH, and Chandler seems to stay healthy when he plays on good teams and even if he went down we still would have NENE and Capela.

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

could morey have traded beasley for carter williams, i like carter-williams defense and his ability to play the 1 and the 2

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

That would have been better than the Ennis trade.