1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting deal. Nothing is definite I'm sure but probably more confidence that D-Mo and the Rockets will get a deal done if they are trading their likely backup PF.

Tyler Ennis.... I look at this as a shot at a young PG who hasn't gotten much of a chance the first few years in the league. The Rockets have all the opportunity in the world for a young guard to blossom and easily make a case for PT at PG. All the while they have low risk options like Prigioni if Ennis doesn't blossom.

The Bucks are making the deal because Middleton is missing time which I think is a bit over reactive IMO. With the Bucks though, he's going to have a decent opportunity to put up some decent stats.

burnshroom likes this.
  2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

via espn insider:

Scouting report

+ Good playmaker with solid instincts off the dribble

+ Average athleticism

+ Needs to add shooting range

Analysis

Tyler Ennis was enjoying a perfectly quiet, developmental rookie season behind a bevy of guards in Phoenix when, suddenly, he was shipped to Milwaukee and immediately thrust into action. Frankly, he often looked overmatched. His RPM over 411 total minutes (minus-5.02) rated among the league's worst.

But it wasn't all bad. His assist rate was point guard-worthy, underscoring the potential as a playmaker that got him drafted at No. 18 in 2014. He was able to post an above-average usage rate but was alarmingly inefficient with his possessions. No foul-drawing rate to speak of. Far too many turnovers. He shot 44.9 percent at the rim and 27.9 percent on 3s. His defensive RPM was in the league's bottom 6 percent, though he did post a high rate of steals. It was just a jumping off point for Ennis, who will focus on running Jason Kidd's offense in practice and working on his outside stroke.

He'll be the third point guard on the depth chart, but over a long season, Ennis will get his moments. All you want to see is some progress and some trust from his head coach.

Update: This write up is from last season, so it's a year old. Looking for more recent write up...

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen Ennis play. What's his upside?

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

**** Morey. I liked Beasley. Wtf

leeallen, manchu39 and mockster like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Definitely didn't see this coming getting Beasley so quickly and easily. Especially with how much he makes

JuNx likes this.
  6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Why does the only one who can score besides harden get traded

manchu39 likes this.
  7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Man that's a bummer. Only bright side of last year's dumpster fire was Beasley. Wished we had loaded Brewer instead.

manchu39 likes this.
  8. BALLhog 247 365

rudy gay to rockets confirmed

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ennis can't shoot, why do we keep getting players that can't shoot.

10. jwayne

jwayne Member

There is always a method to the madness.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a steal, we trade away the worst player on the roster and get something back. Love it.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good value pickup for Mil. They just lost Middleton for 6 months

13. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

A) He's young
    B) D'antoni makes avg PG's (Lin) look good.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't see the appeal. Beasley was no building block, but there are worse things than bench guys with the ability to randomly score 20 sometimes.

But I know essentially nothing about Ennis, so I guess I'll wait and see.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. HangTime

HangTime Member

Disappointed, at least he could put the ball in the basket consistently but I guess we have a couple better options now with Gordon and Anderson.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

Lol, people really are upset about Beasley ? He was a chucker. He had a good run of games. End of story. Probably we will re-sign Dmo who is a much better passer so we can run a better half court offense. Maybe D'antoni could help develop Ennis ? who knows.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Neither player is good, but this balances the roster a bit.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did not see that coming.

Agree that it possibly points to imminent DMo signing ... or SnT for another PF.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Beasley was fun. And I loved his ability to score 1 on 1. But playing "within a system" of ball movement, MDA offense, just wasn't going to give Beasley an opportunity to be effective. And then there was his average (or below) defense.

Beasley was a nice add for last year's team, but moving forward his role was murky. He wasn't going to be resigned. He was destined to be traded. I don't know enough about Ennis to know if this is good value or not. But the team needed PG depth so that is important.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Levi

Levi Member

terrible move.

darksoul35 likes this.