1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think I would buy him out right now either... considering we only have one other point guard on the roster. It's not like anyone we can get off waivers/D-league is going to be a big upgrade over Fish, and we're already paying him, so might as well play him.

But I think in the offseason you have to buy him out.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Meant to say we only have one other healthy point guard on the roster.

3. CDave

CDave Member

Players listen to players. Derek is the President of the Players Association, is well respected, trusted for his opinions, considered to be eminently fair.

And so players (great players) will LISTEN to him and ASK QUESTIONS to about Houston being a great basketball town, Kevin McHale being a great coach to play for, Morey probably being the most forward thinking GM in the sport today.

You better believe Fisher's voice carries clout! And that can open doors for more conversations.

Maybe I put too much weight on this but fisher is an influential guy. If he's happy in Houston, he's going to tell a lot of other players about it.

1 person likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not sure he will be happy here though... don't know how many minutes he's going to get when Lowry comes back. Pretty hard to beat out a Lowry/Dragic duo. I don't know anything about his ego though... maybe he's a particularly realistic guy who is fine with sitting on the bench if it's good for the team. But most guys in sports have big egos and would be annoyed by it, especially experienced veterans like Fish

5. Uprising

Uprising Member

Wouldn't you be happy too? Leaving a team in limbo to the Lakers?

6. Kwame

Kwame Member

Oh those poor Lakers' fans and all their championships. Lakers' fans are rejoicing that they no longer have this scrub on their team. They're so happy that they don't have to watch him get torched in the playoffs by opposing pgs night in and night out. Newsflash for you as well: the Lakers made the best moves out of anyone this trade deadline. In Morey and Le$ we trust.

#526 Kwame, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

the rockets just ensured that they did their 2012 version of aaron brooks for dragic and a pick.

next year it willl be lee for hamilton and a pick

8. Dei

Dei Member

The only consolation with seeing Derek Fisher on the bench is that now I have somebody to direct my hatred to if the Rockets screw up. Somebody threw a bad pass or missed an open shot? I'm gonna cuss Derek Fisher.

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Nice thinking ... I can see that happen. :)

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Lee and Dally for RIP and Asik is more like it. And that may happen during this offseason or on draft night.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why do people like Asik so much? :confused: Former 2nd rounder, a 25 year old, playing 15 minutes a game and averaging good rebounding and shotblocking numbers but a total black hole on offense. 12.4 PER from a 25 year old isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Very much doubt it, Fisher might help us reel in a John Salmons or a Brandon Bass, but that's about all. No big catches.

13. kevC

kevC Member

Such a subtle pun!

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

Well I knew we'd help out the Lakers one way or the other. I'm so excited for our role as sweet facilitators.

Glad we got a 1st round pick. I wish that's what all our moves were about, honestly. The combine those to see if you can move up. Instead we're playing the game of 1 step forward, 1 step back....with a goal that seemingly contradicts itself.

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

my guess is he won't be here very long at all.

16. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

How do you know he's a first class *******? Do you know him personally?

17. BasketballReasons

Good move IMO. Fisher is a veteran with chip's and is a good third-string PG.

1st round pick doesn't hurt either.

We got all this for free when you think about it.

18. CDave

CDave Member

Lowry may not be back for a couple of weeks and even then it may take some time for him to play his way back into form. McHale's job is to get this team into the playoffs.

Dragic is certainly number one PG but even he's been a little banged up. There's a window of opportunity down the stretch for Fisher to make a heroic contribution.

I think you're crazy if you think McHale isn't going to use him. The guy has played in 538 consecutive games. He's durable and tough and he's still got plenty of clutch and leadership.

And I also guarantee he'll be in Martin's ear trying to figure out what's up with this guy. And working hard with Scola as the other veteran and leader of this team.

Success in the playoffs is about "been there, done that". Fisher all by himself, has more of that than all of the other Rockets combined.

Morey didn't just pick up as some sort of gesture. He talked to McHale and Kevin saind, "If you can get that guy, get him here now because we can use him for the stretch run."

Fisher and Camby together are the kind of competitors that can pull the rest of the team over the top and into playoffs and maybe even through a very memorable run.

I think the Fisher haters are grossly underestimating the contribution he can make.

19. michecon

michecon Member

Derick Lin, nice:p

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

by the type of character he's shown during his career on the floor. It's all we really have to form opinions about any players. So within that framework, he's a first class *******.