1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. tigernet

tigernet Member

Can anyone explain the details for this protected 1st round pick from Dallas? Is it protected one? If Dallas ranked over 10th, and their pick is within 20, will we lose it permanently?

2. jocar

jocar Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Fisher gets hurt... are we going to cheer? or be all sad?

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

would not be shocked if jordan hill produces in LA.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

He produced here... just not near as well as Camby will. Hill is a UFA after this year, anyway.

6. Danbury

Danbury Member

Reading comprehension is terrible on this board. The Rockets took on Fisher and dumped Hill for the Mavericks first pick. Good trade, Fisher shouldn't see the light of day once Lowry is healthy again.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]HOUSTON - The Rockets also traded center Jordan Hill to the Lakers for Fisher and a draft pick.

The Rockets get the 2012 first-round pick the Lakers received from the Dallas Mavericks in the deal that sent Lamar Odom to Dallas.

"I defnitely was shocked," Hill said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "I was shocked.
    "It was unexpected, but things happen."

Hill is happy to join the Lakers.

"It's a great organization and a great team and I'm just going to continue to do what I do and just play (basketball)," Hill said.

And Hill looks forward to playing with Kobe Bryant.

"It's definitely going to be a great thing to play with him," Hill said. "He's one of the best and I'm looking forward to being on the floor with him."

Hill said he enjoyed the time he spent with the Rockets.

"With the Knicks I really didn't play much, and I came here and I started playing and started progressing and I had fun in Houston, had fun with the team, had fun with the staff," Hill said.

"Hate to leave, but it's all a business. Now I've got to go play someplace else."[/rquoter]

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Is it the unprotected pick or the Dallas pick???!?!?

9. Chamillionaire

Hill actually sounds glad he's leaving, so i'm happy he's leaving as well. don't let the door hit you on your way out.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dallas

I think. Pretty sure.

11. CDave

CDave Member

The Dallas pick is fenced until like 2018. If they finish 20th or better for the next 5 to 6 seasons, they keep the pick. If the finish 21st or worse, it's yours.

As far as picking up Derek, just too many puny thinkers over here on clutchfans tonight I'm afraid.

Wake up Rox! Morey's a brilliant GM. Pulling Fisher was a crazy good move.

Rox fans need to put 2 and 2 together and realize that Derek Fisher is the most connected guy when it comes to players in the entire league. And the lockout totally enhanced his stature!

Derek a 5 time NBA champion. NO BS with the guy. He has the chops and the scoreboard to act as his resume. He's well respected by every player around the league.

He's going to open doors for Morey to reach players and player agents like never before.

And it won't hurt Kevin McHale to have Derek beside him on the bench, reinforcing the coaches philosophy.

If any of you think that Kevin McHale wasn't consulted and wasn't 1000% behind the trade for Derek Fisher, then you're very, very, naive.

Coach knows 5 time champs like Derek don't grow on trees.

If Rox fans are smarter than this (and I know they are) pretty soon they'll start to see the value in having Derek in the family. He rings a lot of really, reaaly good stuff that this franchise is sorely lacking.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only half of these were true we got ourselves a steal.... because we will sign an allstar very soon but seriously let's not get ahead ourselves..;)

13. grunky

grunky Member

lol, i don't think players are just "dying to play with fish!!"... soooo, chill out!! :grin:

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interesting fact guys.....

Our former coach Rick the Ruler wanted Fisher on the Wolves, but that trade fell apart :eek:
    so Fisher is still coveted by some teams

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't like Fisher at all. I hate him, but I won't cheer for anyone to get hurt. But if he did get hurt, I certainly wouldn't be sad.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

lol @ all the guys who don't care about the character of players on the Rockets and don't mind having to cheer for 1st class assholes.

My loyalty isn't so cheap. If yours is then great for you, but don't judge others who care a little more about the kinds of players we want on our team to cheer for.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is so weird

18. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

initial reaction: it'll be odd to see fisher in rocket red.
    from his years with utah, and then with LA

but, i bet scola is ok with it.
    funny all the negative reaction on here on the part of scola,
    but i bet scola is ok with it.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

20. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Member

Scola already tweeted that it was cool that he wasn't the oldest player anymore. Scola don't care.

Derek Fisher is respected around this league more than some of you knee jerking cry babys tend to believe. It will help McHale to have him on the bench. I hope he is not bought out.