1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jeremy Lin, 2015 first round pick to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

?

Do you like the move to trade Jeremy Lin & future first to LA?

1. YES

84.8%
  2. NO

15.2%
  1. langal

langal Contributing Member

Liked the trade a lot more before the Bosh fiasco.

Lin still wearing a red backpack. Looks weird.

2. UTRox

UTRox Member

Is this still a good move for Rockets without Bron, Melo and Bosh? Wouldn't we get more if we trade him before trade deadline as an expiring contract? At least I don't think we need to include a 1st round pick.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Even if Kobe doesn't play as much, am i the only person who believes this will be terrible for him? The people are literally expecting linsanity! If the pressure was too much in Houston, i can't imagine what LA will do to him.

Honestly, you can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

The guy (Lin) that scored 39 points against the Lakers joins them lol

5. lol123

lol123 Member

I would actually settle for Boozer and matched parson.

6. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

LOL, how is it terrible for him? Any situation is better than his was here in Houston imo.

The pressure wasn't "too much" here, he simply was treated like crap which most will refuse to see or admit.

He gets to go back to Cali, play in LA/OC area that has the largest asian community in the US, will have the ball in his hands and get to play his position.

He's probably happy as hell right now.

I'm curious to see who becomes the scapegoat next season now that the whipping boy has been traded.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Patrick beverly will be the next scapegoat. I guarantee it. A one dimensional player playong 40 minutes a game is going to wind up costing us games at some point

8. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

After the Jordan Hill for 9 Mil signing, it's pretty obvious 2014-15 is a low expectation throwaway season for the Lakers

Lin is literally the 2nd best person on the roster right now and will be allowed to freelance on the floor.

He'll also have Kobe and Nash in his ear. If the Lakers get Byron Scott, they'll have a coach who values PG play. Better all around situation for him

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not a good trade without Bosh coming

10. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

I liked him as a player but these damn unrealistic expectations from LOF's really made this board pretty embarrassing when discussing about Lin (and even Harden). Ultimately he just wasn't a good fit for us

11. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Well actually it's goona be a battle between him and TJones. But yeah, I can see those two becoming 1a and 1b in terms of the team scapegoat.

12. 34to11

34to11 Member

FIFY ;)

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The vote here is lopsided because both Rox and Lin fans like the deal.....

The only gripe I have is I think the Rox could have gotten more in return.

14. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

LOL Sports Center just reported 7:08 p.m. CST that we DID get more when they misreported that Houston traded Lin to Lakers FOR a first round pick.

15. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

does this created a $8.7Mil. TPE for us? even after we signed Ariza?

what other draft consideration did we surrendered and who's that "overseas player" we got? my guess is Chinemelu Elonu who play for CAI Zaragoza of the Spanish League, a 6-10/235lb body we can throw in our summer league. who else they have is currently playing oversea?

16. steady

steady Member

Nah, there may be some out-there LA fans who are overexcited but the Lakers fan base in general seems to see this primarily as a chance to get a couple of good draft picks.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LAL just announced the acquisition of Jeremy Lin + first and second round picks in 2015 from HOU for the rights to Sergei Lishchuk.</p>&mdash; Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/statuses/488372231966179328">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lakers also ended up getting 2nd-round pick from HOU. So they got Lin, Rockets 1st-rounder next yr and Clips' 2nd-rounder (via HOU) next yr</p>&mdash; Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/statuses/488373153647697920">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets used to own the rights to Lishouk. They got him through a trade with Grizzlies IIRC. Guy's over 30 and never going to play in the NBA.

The money + draft rights were so the trade would be approved by the League's front office.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

not we have our back-up C, oh wait, he's 32 and barely playd whole career

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Lishouk ???? 32 years old WTF