1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. MGC

MGC Member

Yes. DMO was the only besides Harden whom you could pass the ball and let him do his magic. Everybody else were just waiting for Harden to pass them the ball.

Maybe Morey believes or knows that there is much more interest from the other teams for Terrence "often injured" Jones. :grin:

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't think Jones is coming back. I think Harrell is the back up PF going forward with a new starter in the off season. I think Jones is over and done after these 27 games

3. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Let's call it what it is. That is, this trade is a disgrace. Late first rounders are amazingly overvalued, they are crapshoots, most likely you'll get an average rotational player. And Morey has shown that he's not a perfect drafter (Morris over Leonard was and still is a headscratcher, even the whole CF board called him out immediately after the draft). Denver's high second rounder is more valuable than this garbage, as it yields an unguaranteed contract.
    Thornton is a proven shooter, a guy that still got his fair share of points regardless of how badly the Rockets have been playing, he was the best spot up shooter on this sorry ass team that can't buy a bucket.
    And I'm bewildered and angry for including Motiejunas in this trade. Not because he has shown flashes of brilliance on the floor and is a hard worker, but because he was a true Houstonian. He loved the city, the fans and the staff. He enjoyed spending time with the Houston kids, he was always available for talk with the fans on the street, he went to the season ticket holders events. He even gave consent to going to the D-League to get his rhythm back and help his friend Matt Brase win some games. He deserved to get an extension from the Rockets, to play for years coming in this city. DMo showed he is a class act and this organization showed that it isn't.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was pleasure to play for my friend and the head coach of the Vipers Matt Brase <a href="https://t.co/Vb4BH1hytD">pic.twitter.com/Vb4BH1hytD</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/697174918883102720">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is such a let down to see that Daryl still hasn't realized the importance of chemistry (resigning Brewer instead of Smith, trading for that drunkard to please Harden and firing McHale after 11 games is not "believing in continuity"). Morey has to comprehend that basketball players are people of flesh and blood with their own personality and state of mind, they are not just names on the paper. He flips them like burgers, hoping to strike gold because, hey, more moves, more chances to find something useful. Those are not traits of a smart GM, those are traits of a bad one.

1 person likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am sick tired of Morey...

We stand no chance to win championship with Morey as GM.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dude was all team. Loved DMo. Favorite player on that garbage roster.

Ratings system has been broken for a while.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is exactly what's gonna happen.

Morey has lost his ****ing mind lately.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This trade was just to get under the luxury tax. This season is on the verge of imploding as it is and I am sure Les told Morey I am not paying a tax to get wacked in the first round if we are lucky enough to sneak in the playoffs.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey is wasting Harden prime years...

After Harden leave, Morey would have nothing left but his flexibility.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention with that other scrub Brewer still on the roster, KJ McDaniels probably won't get any time despite the Rockets likely continuing to suck. It'll be the worst of both worlds, an unwatchable product on the court that doesn't even have the sense to go to a youth movement.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Don't forget Lawson is still drunken...

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

DMO is my favorite rockets player. A Team player, good defense and the post moves.....with nice finish.

I really think that he can be an all star some days

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

No, Lawson was forced into our ****. He deserves better

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

If Morey doesn't plan to match Jones' offer sheet , then why didn't he trade him? Makes no sense. I was shocked. I think most of us were 90% certain Jones would be traded.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

lol "stalk" - i guess some people love attention - like pointing out the fact that they're a girl. reminds me of the girl gamers who are sure to put "gurl" somewhere in their gamertag.

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

I agree. Would've been satisfied with Burke for Lawson.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Are Lawson and Jones still in Miami?

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Burke and Booker would have been great for Lawsom, but instead they opted for Shelvin Mack. They probably would have had good reason to believe Lawson would hate playing there and would hurt more than help

19. arjun

arjun Member

Shut up. We went to the WCF finals last year, no hook or crook.

We had a down year, but Daryl will keep putting us in a position to win.

This year, we were in a position to win...didn't take advantage.

Morey did his job.

20. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

This.