1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Aaron Brooks for Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 20, 2014.

1. houtown

houtown Member

In retrospect, at least for now, i think its highly defensible that this deal favored the Nuggets so far. But yea, Hamilton hasn't had too much of a chance really to prove himself.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Brooks went ham, don't kid yourself. The nuggets had no excuse for even making it a game otherwise. Glad we won, but let's just give props where they are due.

3. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

aaron brooks can ball. keyword being "can". he's a heat check guy. some days he's hot (tonight) and some days he's not. very nate robinson-ish. they both have "omfg what are you doing" plays which turn out to be magic or detrimental. overall im ok with the trade.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

We're so stupid for trading him. Brooks/Canaan > Lin/Canaan. He's more experiened and i think he would have helped our run to the playoffs until BEV gets back

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hamilton isn't even in the rotation at this point. Brooks might be inconsistent, but he's a rotation player on every team in the league, or at least should be.

6. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

Why is this true for EVERY single PG we trade :confused:

7. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Stats depend heavily on the system. enough said. Stop making a big deal out of it. We just DO NOT use PG that way.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

To be fair the Nuggets system is much better for Brooks. He wouldn't have that chance here as the 4th/5th option.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

2 rebounds and 3 TO's away from quadruple-double for Brooks. Very nice game :D

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Jordan Hamilton the black Thomas Robinson of our time?

1 person likes this.
  11. neostars

neostars Member

Exactly why ppl so stupid. With harden style pg not as important

1 person likes this.
  12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think Morey made a deal "just for the sake of making a deal." I think Morey thought that Canaan was making enough sufficient progress to make a trade that might shore up a weakness for the Rockets. Once Beverley comes back our third string point guard won't be seeing any minutes, so I understand the trade. Morey was thinking that maybe Hamilton might be a player that could help us in an area that needs help.

Water under the bridge at this point. But, I definitely don't think Morey made a trade just to be making a trade.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

It only looks like a bad trade now because Garcia has inexplicably started playing well again instead of a corpse, which is what initiated the trade to begin with. I don't think anyone in the front office is complaining about the "bad trade" if it means Garcia continues to be solid.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, but if you are making a playoff run - which PG combo gives you the best chance.

For me, it would have been Bev and Brooks - but I know Lin is untradeable at this point.

DD

15. Clarinetmonster

My gosh this is so untrue, but you at least preface it with 'for me'.

1 person likes this.
  16. torocan

torocan Member

I disagree. Brooks plays ZERO defense and he's undersized for the position which means longer/stronger PG's just shoot over him or back him down. Brooks when he's on can light up the scoreboard, but he's a bit like Nate Robinson or JR Smith. He can save you or completely kill you.

Even when Lin shoots poorly, he's an above average help defender and a decent or at worst slightly below average on ball defender. Yes, the smaller PG's with high lateral movement speed can give him trouble, but his strength and length allow him to defend longer and stronger PG's and 2 guards that Brooks and Bev struggle against.

Yes, keeping Brooks as a 3rd PG would have helped us now that Bev is injured, but I can see why it would make sense to NOT keep 4 PG's on the roster when our wing players were a real weakness throughout the season.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Brooks is nice and all but he's just so small. Lin is 6'4" in sneaks and can switch on bigger guys pretty good. Brooks would just be a pick pocketer on defense at the most. I'd rather Rondo with the huge hands and long arms that can switch with no problem as well as being stellar all around.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You don't have to guess about how you think Brooks will perform in the playoffs, there is documented evidence of how he dismantled the Blazers defense and almost led us to one of the greatest upsets in NBA history when we took the would-be champs to 7 games.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Absolutely true. I HOPE you are wrong, but chances are that we aren't going to be very happy with what Lin is going to bring to the table.