1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Aaron Brooks for Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 20, 2014.

1. allaroundplayer

uh oh, i bet to get isaiah thomas the rockets will have to trade D-Mo too.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think it says more about the potential they see in Canaan, and how they want to get him in the rotation. Its only risky if they are wrong about his potential given PT. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i strongly agree. i actually thought that part of the usefulness of having AB on the roster is that he would provide critical veteran leadership during our playoff stretch. i'm a tad disappointed, i liked having AB on the roster.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really risky with AB hasnt even been playing

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Hamilton can shoot the ball. Brewer plays defense.

7. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Don't like this trade. What's the point? We had a luxury 3rd PG...who is our best 3-point shooter percentage-wise this season. He has playoff experience and has performed well when the limelight was on him. We are trading him for Hamilton? This trade makes no sense unless it saves cap room for next year or if it is part of a larger trade. Sad to see Brooks go.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Almost anyone in the league would be a huge offensive upgrade over Brewer.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think it's a low risk possibly high rate return. low risk in that Canaan has progressed enough to pick up the slack if needed. and Garcia I think will return to last year form given that he's not injured anymore.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He did

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doesn't have to be part of a larger trade (in fact it isn't if it is stand alone)

But it might mean that we're losing SF depth and making sure we're covered before doing so (ie Parsons/Rondo OR Garcia/Casspi or Brewer --> someplace)

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

How strange... I picked up Beverly in NBA2K11, and Hamilton in NBA2K13 as backups for our team... I never playerd 2k12 or 2k14.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because AB wouldn't get off the bench as long as Bev and Lin are healthy unless it's garbage time(like last night). He's a luxury, absolutely. But the Rockets need depth at the 2-3 spot. Hamilton gives them that.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

gets depth at the wing. like it or not brooks was expendable..its probably more of being a fan favorite than anything for people in Houston to not like the trade. what brooks was doing here is not irreplaceable

16. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

You obviously haven't been watching him this year. The Celtics made him their starting point guard before they traded him because of his excellent passing and good decision making.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Brooks cannot play defense. He is relegated to occasionally slapping the ball away for a turnover and that is it.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I like this trade. Sad to see Aaron go but if Lin and Bev are healthy, there isn't a need for him. Even if one of them are out, Aaron was more of a place holder while Harden too over the PG position.

This deadline, all we needed was a wing who could shoot, or defender, or a little of both. Hamilton fits the later very well. He shoots well and is long enough to be effective on defense. If this takes Garcia out of the rotation, I'm all for it.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

does Hamilton have Landry hops and can hit 3?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've seen some say he's good at defense, but from what I've seen he's actually terrible at it. Hope I'm wrong.