1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Scott Machado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i´m brazilian.

And i´m not so happy with this.

Just hope, Machado is not a troublemaker.

Like Fab Melo (another brazilian rookie)...

2. sidestep

sidestep Member

PG position had no depth before. Toney Douglas is a 2 guard, he's a poor PG and decision maker. The Machado signing is good news, or least fills a necessary position.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

not a fan, but rooting for him to make it and proof me wrong

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Machado showed he could blend in with our rookies, so towards mid-season, I expect him to be the pg when we send in our all-rookie team.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Let the Salmon start to swim upstream...

Lots of opportunity for both redemption(Douglas, Livingston) or breakthrough(Non-guaranteed contracts) during this training camp.

If the HBO did a version of Hard Knocks for and NBA training camp, the Houston Rockets would definitely be the most entertaining team to watch.

6. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

he couldn't be worse than fortson

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

How is Fab Melo a troublemaker?

8. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i am satisfied with this.

9. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

I saw Scott Machado coming off the subway in grand central, didn't have time to say hi though because he wasn't worth missing a train lol

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bye bye Fortson.

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I like Machado, especially with our rooks.

I can see them syncing. I can see success.

13. ptntrpho

ptntrpho Member

Signing a locker-room-cancer undrafted Carmelo-lover, Lin-hater rookie? Sad to start the season. Lin: Be afraid to practice with the crp, BE VERY AFRAID. And, don't say anything to him that he can twist and feed it to Carmelo, who in turn will feed it to Stephen A, Smith, who in turn will never shut up about it in order to get more advance scoop from the CAA, the Walmart of sports agency.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be any rage over this signing.

He's a young bench player with a lot of potential and with almost zero organizational risk.

It's amazing how a biased New York article (which didn't even contain negative direct quotes) has turned Clutchfans against a random undrafted player. At least give the guy a PRESEASON chance before you irrationally stereotype him.

15. amaru

amaru Member

You do know that Brazil has the highest concentration of Afro-descendants on the planet outside of the African continent right?

Black =/= African American.

16. napalm06

Thank you for your sane comment. He played hard and started gelling with our team in the summer league. Let's wait and see how it goes.

17. mirus

mirus Member

^^ Come on that's reaching, I doubt an undrafted rookie with no significant connection do that.he may feel like some of the knicks fan in the Lin free agency, but he'll likely more concerned with getting into rotation right now.he's not a veteran or a 1st round pick so likely he has not much power in the locker room. and melo likely is pressured by the media whether he can win the ring this year rather than these lin related questions.

for the signing, i thought it's good. a nice change of pace in starting and backup pg.though he may need some time in d league/training to be fit as backup guard from what i have read.i may be wrong tho.

proof sir? ;)

18. napalm06

As someone who lived in Bahia I can confirm this. There were almost no latinos/paulistas to be found. The music was forró and the food was acarajé.

It's amazing how people picture all Brazilians as Tiago Splitter.

19. mirus

mirus Member

exactly.shocking titles again from ny.i'll judge a bit if he's given a full interview from rockets and when the season starts.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Majority of the Africans taken across the Atlantic went to Brazil and the Caribbean (including Guyana) Only a small percentage were taken directly to the U.S. In terms of numbers of Afro-people outside the continent it goes Afro-latinos, Afro-caribbeans, Afro-Americans( including Canadians)